Handgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It would seem that anything but compact Beretta 92 threaded barrels are completely unavailable and have been for years.

I have seen some folks offering barrel threading services for Beretta barrels to fill the void.

My question is: Are OEM Beretta threaded and non-threaded barrels the same length? Are they the same, just one threaded and the other not?

·
Registered
99 Posts
It would seem that anything but compact Beretta 92 threaded barrels are completely unavailable and have been for years.

I have seen some folks offering barrel threading services for Beretta barrels to fill the void.

My question is: Are OEM Beretta threaded and non-threaded barrels the same length? Are they the same, just one threaded and the other not?
The threaded barrels are about 1/4 inch longer than the standard barrel.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to put Beretta's Muzzle Comp on my 92 but it doesn't appear that having the OEM barrel threaded is a good option. If it were, they wouldn't have made the threaded barrel that 1/4" longer,

·
Registered
99 Posts
I want to put Beretta's Muzzle Comp on my 92 but it doesn't appear that having the OEM barrel threaded is a good option. If it were, they wouldn't have made the threaded barrel that 1/4" longer,
Indeed they do things for a reason. There probably would not be enough threads to adequately hold a compensator or suppressor in place? I wouldn't mind getting one for my 92X Performance that I just bought this year. I've since added a short 1/2 x 28 compensator from HK parts to my M9A3 along with a "G" decocker only conversion kit, Wilson grips and bobbed hammer.

I don't understand why those threaded barrels for the full size 92's haven't been available for quite some time while the one's for the compact series are? I've seen way more full size 92's than compacts for sale at least in any of the gun stores where I live.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've ordered a Barsto barrel. It costs a fortune and I'll have to wait for 3-months but at least I'll get it, it will be a better barrel and it will fit.
A Beretta OEM barrel is a drop in barrel. In general Barsto barrels have to be fitted to the gun, some require machining. If you've never fit a barrel before or have little experience working on guns you could have an expensive paper weight on your hands. They cost about 1/3rd more than an OEM barrel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A Beretta OEM barrel is a drop in barrel. In general Barsto barrels have to be fitted to the gun, some require machining. If you've never fit a barrel before or have little experience working on guns you could have an expensive paper weight on your hands. They cost about 1/3rd more than an OEM barrel.
Well, here's the problem. OEM threaded can not be found....I just checked Gunroker and the one that I thought was an OEM is a converted 4.9". They just can not be found, period. The genuine Beretta barrel I saw on Gunbroker went for over $400. The Barsto is far superior and actually less than $400.

I have experience with Barsto as a company having bought more than a few barrels from them. About half the time their drop-in barrels actually do drop in. If it doesn't, I have a gunsmith local that will fit it. He's an absolute asshole and will gouge me but he can fit the barrel.

I do hear what you're saying but the bottom line is...there is no other option. I will search for a Beretta barrel at less than a king's ransom while I wait for the Barsto. If I find one I'll cancel the order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts