Handgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 85bb shows a manufacture date of 20 inside a rectangle. All the sites do not mention this form of dating year. Does anyone know how the numeric type of dating works for a 85bb made in Italy?
Thanks

·
Registered
444 Posts
My 85bb shows a manufacture date of 20 inside a rectangle. All the sites do not mention this form of dating year. Does anyone know how the numeric type of dating works for a 85bb made in Italy?
Thanks
I don't have the answer to your specific question,,,
But this image has model specific dates that might help you.

Hope this helps.

Aarond

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 85BB, with GF under the serial number. I've discovered it means it is military gun, assigned to the Guardia di Financia (Guard of Finance).... the Customs division. I still want to know when it was manufactured. Serial number doesn't pull up on Beretta's website. And when I call Beretta (as the page instructed), I sat on hold for over an hour before I gave up (only 2 customers ahead of me, they said). And yes, I called during their hours of operation. Anybody have any other source?

·
Registered
218 Posts
According to the chart above IF it's 85BB....it was made in 1982.

I have the 85BB in Nickle. It is an excellent gun.....I paid $350 for it at a pawn shop years ago.
I still have that gun- will pass it down in the family....it is a beautiful piece of art.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts