Handgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This may or not be interesting to anyone else..But a friend gave me a couple of Browning BDA mags last year..I do not own a BDA nor does he..But those mags are for a .380 round and of course my 81 is in .32 ACP..Well I got bored today and modified the BDA mags to work in my Model 81..I measured the width or my .32 mag feed lips with my calipers, and proceeded to carefully beat the .380 feed lips together carefully with a hammer,LOL, to the width I measured on the .32 mags..

They feed fine but the spring wire on the .380 mags is about 5 thousandths larger than the .32 wire..And they are a little longer in the BDA mag..So I clipped one coil off to compensate a little..Probably could take two off..But one seems to be fine..

Anyway if you happen to have some BDA .380 mags with no other use, and you are bored, you can likely make em work in a Model 81..The one I modified was a MecGar .380 mag..Not an original one..

Just a side note..I think the BDA Browning .380 mags and the Beretta Model 84 are the same magazines..

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had time to run out and put 5 rounds through the BDA Mag..It worked flawlessly..Would have fired a whole mag but kinda low on that expensive .32 ACP right now..LOL
I applaud your innovation.
Thanks

It was no big deal if it worked or not..As I said the BDM mags were free and of no other use to me..I like tinkering, this was kind of stuff is just fun to see if it will work..But it seems to be a success..My mad experiments do not always come out that way..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts