Handgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
14,295 Posts
That's pretty good.

I used to shoot a lot in the 1990s, and then I took about 5 years off at the range. I find that I used to shoot better than I can now.

But, I think part of the problem is that I injured my left arm at age 8, and lately that hand has developed a case of the shakes - it comes and goes. Sometimes it is worse than others. But, I had it looked at by a neurologist lately - he ruled out parkinson's disease, and anything like that, but said it might get worse over time.

So, while I shoot well enough to hit the target, I'll never shoot as good as I really want to - It irritated me when I see someone putting all the shots into one little hole :p

· Administrator
14,295 Posts
This is a target from about 1.5 weeks ago for me - I was using my SW99 - it is 30 rounds at 7 yards (21 feet). Many of the shots went thru the larger hole, so that isn't too bad. But, I just posted this pic on a couple of other websites, asking if this was at least 1/2-way decent. I'm never completely satisfied at how I shoot. But, given the problems I mentioned in my post above, it is the best I can do (what is sad is I am only in my mid 30's :cry: ).

For once, I didn't have 1 or 2 fliers off to the side. This was one of my better targets, and I felt it was worth saving for a little while, at least :p

· Administrator
14,295 Posts
Well, the A Zoom supposedly doesn't wear out. But, I have traditions. I was told that eventally, the pin will make a bigger and bigger dent in the rear, and after a while, it will not be possible for the firing pin to reach out far enough to keep hitting it.

I used one for my 1911 a lot. I kinda guessed when I thought that it might be a good idea to switch to another. The hole didn't seem to be getting any deeper anymore, so I assumed that the firing pin could no longer reach it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.