Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
......since I last checked in here. Wish I could say same ole, same ole. Seems like this world of ours is literally crashing down all around us. Can't catch a simple break anymore. Anything and everything that can go bad, is doing just that.

I'm relieved that I'm as old as I am, cause I do not want to live to be a ripe old age. Can't even imagine being young in this day & age, and having basically nothing to look forward to. I feel bad for those that are young and just beginning their life.

Can't say that I've seen a lot of activity on here. Kind of reminds me of a ghost town of sorts. I see a few familiar names, but lots of names missing from what I remember.

Other than what I've posted, all is okay on my end. Retirement is still great and I ride my m/c when I can, and when the weather allows. I don't ride as often as I used to, but when I do, it still puts a huge grin on my mug. Each ride is yet another memory for me. I've lost most of my longtime childhood friends in the last couple of years. Friends that were as close to me as actual brothers. Of those still alive, I'm the only one still riding. For that, I am grateful.

Anyways, I just wanted to drop by and say hello to all. I hope you all are doing fine and such. It's a tough world out there and it's getting tougher by the day. Keep up the good fight! (y)

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Hello paratrooper I am still riding real horses my self. Glad to hear your still doing ok and above ground. I lost the last of my true friend a year ago last march so I understand the loses you feel. I am still toting my 1911a1 every day some of us just don't change. Dropby more when you can I will still pick on you. Tony

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome back.....I'm fairly new here, but not new to guns. You mentioned something in your post that just hit me a couple days ago- I had heard that someone had passed that I knew years ago. I went to the local funeral home website where I grew up to read about it..........and OMG! As I went through the listings over the past two years....I knew many of them. Saw many friends obits- people I have not seen in many years. Makes we want to take a trip and try and see who might be left. Gosh- life bites sometimes.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I gave up MCs when my first grand son arrived. Way to many close calls with idiots. But I still have my 3 Triumphs (cars) to make me feel like a teenager. We usually take one to the Legion for lunch when the sun is shining. As far as the country and the world in general, all part of the elite plan. My hope is that this tyranny wakes up the sleeping. Oh and it looks like the ammo shortage is on the wane for now.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Not sure about a ripe OLD age, but you sure are Ripe!
Don't have an MC, but down to one horse (he will be our last) and he's 30 years old (which is up there for a horse).
I retired last year. (HCA closed the clinic I worked at.) Wife's still not sure if my being home 24/7/365 is all that it's cracked up to be.

Be Well
BYC

Reactions: Shipwreck
1 - 5 of 5 Posts