Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it come to wheelguns I have always gone Ruger to satisfy my needs. S&W never did anything for me, Dan Wessons are nice but hard to find anymore. Here is my most recent acquisition, My GP 100 purchased recently to replace a Security Six I sold years ago. I my opinion Ruger's DA has improved significantly. I am very pleased with it so far.

Any one else enjoy Rugers?

·
Registered
336 Posts
While my favorite revolvers are older S&W K frames, I do love the GP 100.

I wish that Ruger would bring back the "Six" line but with the GP grip frame.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah i'm in love with the blackhawk. it takes an hour to load and unload but that helps me take my time at the range and actually enjoy the session sometimes.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The wife and I have a Ruger SP101 357 great gun. She shoots 38's and I go for the 357's. I also have a Beretta Stampede Marshall 45 colt. So far no problems on either..

Have fun and be safe.

W

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a propensity for the Ruger handgun line. I've owned (and sold) quite a few over the years. Currently looking at getting an SP101 (unless I can find a SS Security Six 2 3/4 or 4 for a good price). Even turned a GP100 into a PPC gun in the early 1990's but sold it to another competitor when I was sent to Egypt for a year (USAF). Wish I had it back, it was a tack driver.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love my SP101. I guess most everybody that owns one feels the same.
I've been itchin to send it off to Gemini for some tweaking.[/img]

·
Registered
531 Posts
The GP100 is my all time favorite double action revolver, followed by it's predecessor the Security Six... I prefer the GP100 because of the double lock up on the cylinder. Talk about one tough gun! No other revolver to my knowledge does that... I also LOVE the modular design... This is one well thought out handgun!
If I only had ONE handgun that I could keep, I believe it would be my GP100... (God, I hope none of us are ever put to that decision)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hal8000 said:
The GP100 is my all time favorite double action revolver, followed by it's predecessor the Security Six... I prefer the GP100 because of the double lock up on the cylinder. Talk about one tough gun! No other revolver to my knowledge does that... I also LOVE the modular design... This is one well thought out handgun!
If I only had ONE handgun that I could keep, I believe it would be my GP100... (God, I hope none of us are ever put to that decision)
I agree with everything you said and that is why I prefer the Ruger revlovers over others.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I enjoy my security six in stainless.It's in 357;I had it for 23 years
and just started shooting it alot in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello. For years I used S&W revolvers for almost everything. In the recent past I added both a GP100 and SP101 to the collection and have to say that I've been exceptionally pleased with both guns. For me, the SP101 is my favorite of the two and is a trusted companion for fun at the range, knocking around the woods, or in the dead of night. It remains loaded 24/7 and I trust it completely.

These guns have proven utterly reliable and I've been more than satisfied with their accuracy.

If interested, here are links to some observations on both revolvers:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Range Evaluation - Ruger GP100.htm

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Ruger SP101 Report.htm

Best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mr. Camp hit the nail on the head regarding the sp101. I also really like the Bisley SAs as well. Here are a couple of my Ruger wheelguns. Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
me to love the rugers here are some of mine
the first is a rehawk 45 colt

and a bisley 45colt

and a old mod single six 22 mag only

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Well, you could say I'm fond of Rugers, though I do prefer the Single Actions, especially when set up in Super Blackhawk style. Though I do prefer the Blackhawk hammer on my guns.

In .357 Magnum I have an old 1958 vintage three screw flat top 4 5/8", stocked in mesquite from CaryC. Also a three screw 6 1/2" that I bought used last year. And a Bisley (ex-Blackhawk) New Model, of which I'm not too fond of.

In .44 Special, a three screw ex-Blackhawk .357, 4 5/8", case hardened. This just back from Dave Clements.

As to .44 Magnums, two three-screw models, one 7 1/2" brass framed and a 5" also just back from Dave Clements. And three New Model Supers, one of which has the frame case-hardened.

And in .45 Colt, all New Models, a 7 1/2" and a 4 5/8", both case-hardened, a plain 4 5/8" Vaquero, and a Bisley 4 5/8", an ex-Blackhawk.

In addition to mesquite, stocks run walnut, ebony, rosewood and vermilion wood.

The 7 1/2" .45 Colt is set up like a Super, and is my most fired gun, with just over 16,000 rounds fired through it.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ruger Revolver Owner

Sure is, I own a Ruger Security 6, 2 3/4" and a Ruger GP-100. Both are greatr Revolvers. I also own S&W and Taurus Revolvers. All have served me well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts