Handgun Forum banner

Any other Shield Plus fans here?

3K views 36 replies 6 participants last post by  Shipwreck 
#1 ·
I've owned three version 1 Shields over the years, and a 2.0 Shield...

But once the Shield Plus came out - wow. The original Shields were almost TOO thin for me. But the Shield Plus width is just perfect.

I love the fiber optic sights on the Performance Center models. And, I shoot my 4" version as well as my fullsize Beretta. I am amazed at how well it shoots, and how well the trigger is.

Any other people have a Shield Plus? I have had 25 carry guns since the 1990s. The 4" Shield Plus is my favorite :)

See less See more
#5 ·
My eyes have gotten better as I have aged and my eye doctor just says that sometimes that happens. I suspect it has a lot to do with what I did for a living most of my life (software development/engineering). My vision has been 20/20 for several years now and I am 76.

Reactions: Shipwreck
#4 ·
I bought a Shield Plus not too long after the model was introduced. Wonderful gun and most definitely a keeper. Surprisingly accurate as well. I had a Sig Sauer P365XL and the Shield Plus is a better gun, in my opinion. With the XL, I had to adjust my grip whenever I pulled it during practice sessions. Not good and a serious danger if I ever had to employ it. This doesn't happen with my Shield Plus. Comes right out very natural and where it is supposed to be in my hands. Sold the XL.

Reactions: Shipwreck
#6 ·
As I’ve said before, I use the red dot more for distance, shooting beyond 10 yards. At normal self defense ranges I don’t even need sights to empty a mag in the chest area of a standard silhouette target. With just a little practice the dot is easy to aquire and pinpoint accuracy at speed is very doable. But…..if it ain’t for you, then it ain’t for you !

#14 ·
Generally speaking, the Shield is a fine pistol in any barrel length. I've carried the 9 Shield for several years almost daily on the belt, previously IWB. You don't require a .40 Cal., and the ammo availability is always a problem. It is a bit snappy, but if you want to know snappy shoot a 10mm pistol, even in four inches. You won't like it very much. The 9 Shield is fine with an increased mag capacity with a Mag Guts insert spring kit. Ten plus one is fine. Some States don't allow more than ten in the mag. In self-defense situation, you won't even be using that many.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.