A little holster coverage :)

Andrews Leather MacDaniel II

Kramer IWB#3

Uncle Mike's Sidekick #1

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Taking a queue from Devilsohnson, I have a set of white cocobolo 1911 grips due in. While I wait I pulled out some of my spares and decided to try my unused Simonich Gunner's Grips on the P45C/T.

Thumbs up? Or thumbs down?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
You'll really like those white cocobolo grips. They're just ..A little different than what you usually see out there.I'd like to get another set for a built project that I hope to get to soon. Can't wait to see yours.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
White Cocobolo grips

Got em :) ! And DJ, you're right.... I really do like them. Here they are on my P45C/T:

They are full thickness unlike the Hogue rosewood that had been on this pistol which I had significantly thinned down without needing thin grip bushings. Very very nice :)
The angle of these shots gives the incorrect impression that these grips are not perfectly flush with the base of the frame's grip....they, along with the Simonich G10 Gunner's Grips, are the best fitting of the many 1911 grips I have on hand.

Someone elsewhere asked about how this thing disassembles. (1) remove slide stop (2) remove guide rod/springs (3) remove reverse plug (4) lift out barrel integral comp. Here's a quick snap I took to illustrate:

--Bob

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well the count now is a Baker's Dozen with the addition of a new Dan Wesson CBOB. Fantastic piece!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey bald-1
I really like the look of what I believe you call the P45C/T gun.
I like how the the from site is right on the barrel.
I was just wondering who made that gun.
Or was it a custom job.
Looks like to me that it would be a little bit more accurate since the front site is on the barrel an looks like the slide would hit home that same ever time.
Thanks for the info
DAVE

21 - 32 of 32 Posts