Handgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum so if this has been talked about please let me know. Are airsoft hand guns good to practice at home with. Or do they not help.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
I wouldn't waste time or money on a toy that shoots foam balls. I do however do a lot of dry fire practice at home.
To make it more productive I use a Laserlyte training cartridge which resembles a cartridge and projects a laser light pulse down the barrel to the target when struck by the firing pin. It provides instant feedback on your trigger control and accuracy.
The Laserlyte training cartridges are currently selling for $98 on Ebay. Mine is 4 or 5 years old and still going strong after being "shot" thousands of times.

GW

·
Registered
11,068 Posts
After more than 40 years of practical competition and self-protective, concealed-weapon toting, I have to agree completely with Goldwing.

While I have used a laser cartridge for at-home training, I have found that careful and thoughtful dry-fire practice, all by itself, is really quite enough to do the job.
But it's good to have occasional bouts of coaching from someone more experienced than yourself, just to make sure that you're practicing the right things.

One of the important considerations, in dry-fire practice, is not to do too much of it at one time. I suggest that no more than 10 minutes of it, each and every day, without fail, works the best.
Then, at least once a week, carefully and thoughtfully fire-off at least 50 live rounds in several different practice exercises based on real-world scenarios.

·
Banned
52 Posts
After more than 40 years of practical competition and self-protective, concealed-weapon toting, I have to agree completely with Goldwing.

While I have used a laser cartridge for at-home training, I have found that careful and thoughtful dry-fire practice, all by itself, is really quite enough to do the job.
But it's good to have occasional bouts of coaching from someone more experienced than yourself, just to make sure that you're practicing the right things.

One of the important considerations, in dry-fire practice, is not to do too much of it at one time. I suggest that no more than 10 minutes of it, each and every day, without fail, works the best.
Then, at least once a week, carefully and thoughtfully fire-off at least 50 live rounds in several different practice exercises based on real-world scenarios.
+1

·
Super Moderator
12,453 Posts
I never gave much thought to these things. Then, my son got older and we bought a couple. Then, I paid $50 for a DAO HK USP clone (airsoft - it uses CO2). I find it good practice, since I like DA/SA guns. And, it is good practice for me with the DA trigger...

However, I got divorced and do not have a back yard to practice with it anymore

·
Banned
25 Posts

+1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts