Handgun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and about 10 trips to the range (God knows how many rounds... I shoot it til I realize I've shot too much for my budget) I enjoy shooting my .40 Glock 22 gen2 the most.

Its competition is:

My S&W SD9VE (Apex springs & trigger) which was my very first gun. I didn't dislike the trigger until I really learned shooting technique. The mods help a lot but if I had a mulligan, I'd get a Glock 17.

My 1966 Browning Nomad, inherited through 4 generations is good most of the time. I've had some issues but nothing major, just inconsistencies in feeding and FTE.
Highly considering the Buck Mark Camper UFX; 1. Because I don't wanna break an airloom, 2. I want a NEW .22!

My dad has a Taurus 24/7 9mm (not a bad gun), a Beretta 96A1 .40; It's cool but Damn heavy and I'm not too good with it, and a Stainless Taurus PT92 9mm. I like this gun a lot. A bit heavy but I love the trigger and the looks.

So why the Glock 22? First let me say that I'm glad I didn't pay more for the gen3. I like flat front grip of the gen2. My hands are a tad on the small side and I've held the gen3 and it doesn't work as well for me.
The action on this gun is just solid. Everything feels right, from the squared rear sights with the front dot, to the ergonomics, to the manageable recoil, the trigger snap... I just love it. I can shoot follow up rounds on target from 10 yards just by taking 2 seconds to line up and squeeze.

It's better than my modded SD9 in every category except recoil, better than my dad's 24/7, better than his Beretta and still better than his PT92, because of weight.

The Glock 22 gen2 is a full sized .40 cal badass.

·
Registered
919 Posts
What is it about, the amount of rounds shoot?
The cost of shooting a gun

Or is it just a new add topic on how good a Glock is?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
The Glock 22 is a fine pistol and worthy of anyone's consideration for a full size, powerful sidearm. I have one in the gen4 configuration and love it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts