Handgun Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Kill him. No if's, and's, or but's. If you see him heading to your child's room, let's say after you have yelled for him to get out of your home, shoot him. Doesn't matter if you hit him in his back, side, or whatever. Heading for your child's room must be treated as a worse case scenario and you should act accordingly.
I think that one should defend life (their own or another's) and stop the threat.
That's all.
To say "kill him" gives fodder to the LEOs, DAs, and survivors to legally attack and damage you.
Every comment made online will, at least potentially, come back to haunt you in a court of law.
Personally, I don't want my loose-lips to sink my ship.

·
Administrator
13,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think that one should defend life (their own or another's) and stop the threat.
That's all.
To say "kill him" gives fodder to the LEOs, DAs, and survivors to legally attack and damage you.
Every comment made online will, at least potentially, come back to haunt you in a court of law.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
When I taught shooting classes, I taught if ever involved in a defense shooting. Call 911 to report, when LE shows up the only statement to give is," I was in fear of lose of life, I stopped the threat, I want to speak to a lawyer." Say nothing else. Your brain will be racing at 1,000 miles a minute but your mouth can only go at 100 miles and hour, so you are not going to say what you think you are saying. This will give you time to calm down before you make a statement to the police, which will be used against you.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
That's all.
Yes I have heard that for years and have adhered to using the term "stop" the assailant for as many of those years, as you have pointed out. The two exceptions, and also told to me by an attorney, would be a deadly threat(s) to one's children and a mass shooter bent on racking up a body count.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We worked against having a Castle Doctrine here in Virginia because of the wording of the bill. What we currently have is better. We are a "no duty to retreat" state which means that if you have a legal right to be where you are and you are not part of the problem, think antagonist or aggressor, then you do not have a duty to retreat.
Tennessee as well, you loot, we shoot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Reading that post back does show self defense with the phrase " if I beat them to the shooting." There have been other post a progressive DA would try and use. That is why I posted what I said. Here in North Carolina in the mountains and over by the coast is much more conserative than the center of the state called the Triangle. In the mountains unless you do something wrong , like calling the person to come over, you wl walk before trail. It would be a waste of their time and would lose, which they hate. Example; 4 **** hunters were using radio signals to track their dogs. They pulled into a yard and jumped out of the truck with rifles in hand. The lady of the house fired a warning shot above their heads. A liberal asst DA tried her for attemped murder. It took the jury 15 minutes to come back with a Not Guilty verdict. The jury forman told the men they were lucky it was not his place because his wife would have shot them dead.
Glad I live on the coast in this great state, but would be better with copper gone 😆

21 - 26 of 26 Posts