Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,412 Posts
Kill him. No if's, and's, or but's. If you see him heading to your child's room, let's say after you have yelled for him to get out of your home, shoot him. Doesn't matter if you hit him in his back, side, or whatever. Heading for your child's room must be treated as a worse case scenario and you should act accordingly.

· Registered
5,412 Posts
In my post above, #2, this would be one of three incidences where shooting someone in the back would not only be justified but prudent as well. I was told this by an attorney with experience in defending people who have used deadly force in my state. I can think of a fourth case where you would be entirely justified in doing this, which was also alluded to by an attorney who was a former police officer.

· Registered
5,412 Posts
I'm in Florida . We have this simple thing called the Castle Doctrine. If somebody is in my house without my invitation they're fair game. Boom no more intruder.

AFS
We worked against having a Castle Doctrine here in Virginia because of the wording of the bill. What we currently have is better. We are a "no duty to retreat" state which means that if you have a legal right to be where you are and you are not part of the problem, think antagonist or aggressor, then you do not have a duty to retreat.

· Registered
5,412 Posts
I'm in Florida . We have this simple thing called the Castle Doctrine. If somebody is in my house without my invitation they're fair game. Boom no more intruder.

AFS
In Virginia, if someone enters your dwelling without your permission or approval and does not have a legal right to do this, they are a trespasser and you must treat them as such. If this takes place at night they are a burglar, which is one of the five felonies for which a deadly force response is justified.

· Registered
5,412 Posts
I think that one should defend life (their own or another's) and stop the threat.
That's all.
To say "kill him" gives fodder to the LEOs, DAs, and survivors to legally attack and damage you.
Every comment made online will, at least potentially, come back to haunt you in a court of law.
Personally, I don't want my loose-lips to sink my ship.
Yes I have heard that for years and have adhered to using the term "stop" the assailant for as many of those years, as you have pointed out. The two exceptions, and also told to me by an attorney, would be a deadly threat(s) to one's children and a mass shooter bent on racking up a body count.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts