Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Kill him. No if's, and's, or but's. If you see him heading to your child's room, let's say after you have yelled for him to get out of your home, shoot him. Doesn't matter if you hit him in his back, side, or whatever. Heading for your child's room must be treated as a worse case scenario and you should act accordingly.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Can't answer that, but, as cypher mentioned, our youngest is 42. We have grandchildren though.

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
The video tried to show different context poorly.
The variables are infinite.
Learn the laws where you live.
If in doubt, center mass is an option.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
In my post above, #2, this would be one of three incidences where shooting someone in the back would not only be justified but prudent as well. I was told this by an attorney with experience in defending people who have used deadly force in my state. I can think of a fourth case where you would be entirely justified in doing this, which was also alluded to by an attorney who was a former police officer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They would have to call me and tell me there was one there, they been long gone. their room has been converted for use in other things. but either way no matter what room in my house they are in, they will die if i am able to beat them to the shooting.
Then there's that awkward moment when you're sitting in court listening to the prosecuting attorney read this post back word for word to the jury

·
Administrator
13,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not in this state, read post #10 wouldn't be no arrest or charges filed.
Well, I hear what you are saying. But, the point of the video is that maybe you shouldn't always automatically shoot, just because it is legal in your state. Just something to consider. There MIGHT be a way to solve it without pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Reading that post back does show self defense with the phrase " if I beat them to the shooting." There have been other post a progressive DA would try and use. That is why I posted what I said. Here in North Carolina in the mountains and over by the coast is much more conserative than the center of the state called the Triangle. In the mountains unless you do something wrong , like calling the person to come over, you wl walk before trail. It would be a waste of their time and would lose, which they hate. Example; 4 **** hunters were using radio signals to track their dogs. They pulled into a yard and jumped out of the truck with rifles in hand. The lady of the house fired a warning shot above their heads. A liberal asst DA tried her for attemped murder. It took the jury 15 minutes to come back with a Not Guilty verdict. The jury forman told the men they were lucky it was not his place because his wife would have shot them dead.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reading that post back does show self defense with the phrase " if I beat them to the shooting." There have been other post a progressive DA would try and use. That is why I posted what I said. Here in North Carolina in the mountains and over by the coast is much more conserative than the center of the state called the Triangle. In the mountains unless you do something wrong , like calling the person to come over, you wl walk before trail. It would be a waste of their time and would lose, which they hate. Example; 4 **** hunters were using radio signals to track their dogs. They pulled into a yard and jumped out of the truck with rifles in hand. The lady of the house fired a warning shot above their heads. A liberal asst DA tried her for attemped murder. It took the jury 15 minutes to come back with a Not Guilty verdict. The jury forman told the men they were lucky it was not his place because his wife would have shot them dead.
Did the lady on trial have a history of Internet posts stating her intent to kill anybody that came on her property or in her house?

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I'm in Florida . We have this simple thing called the Castle Doctrine. If somebody is in my house without my invitation they're fair game. Boom no more intruder.

AFS
We worked against having a Castle Doctrine here in Virginia because of the wording of the bill. What we currently have is better. We are a "no duty to retreat" state which means that if you have a legal right to be where you are and you are not part of the problem, think antagonist or aggressor, then you do not have a duty to retreat.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
I'm in Florida . We have this simple thing called the Castle Doctrine. If somebody is in my house without my invitation they're fair game. Boom no more intruder.

AFS
In Virginia, if someone enters your dwelling without your permission or approval and does not have a legal right to do this, they are a trespasser and you must treat them as such. If this takes place at night they are a burglar, which is one of the five felonies for which a deadly force response is justified.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts