Handgun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a beretta model 92f, (not fs). I shoot regular factory ammo. My concern is should I be concerned about a slide failure due to the gun not being the newer FS model?

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you are shooting regular factory ammo. I would not worry about it. I think the problems with the older F slides that the miltary had some isolated incidents with were shooting +P ammo for long extended periods of time.

Can anyone else confirm this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mod. 92f slide breakage

Thanks for your input on this. I was a little nervous about shooting the beretta, but the more I shoot it the less I worry. thanks again don

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Brandon_Lutz said:
If you are shooting regular factory ammo. I would not worry about it. I think the problems with the older F slides that the miltary had some isolated incidents with were shooting +P ammo for long extended periods of time.

I cant remember where I saw the link but it was ALOT of use with +p+ ammo. Hot hot stuff. Dont wory about shooting factory ammo. Beretta's are great guns!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Use factory ammo! No +P or +P+ ammo! No reloads! Shoot the hell out of that pistol! Your "Gubernment" was the cause of all those slides breaking. They were told by Beretta NOT to use +P+ ammo in these pistols. These pistols were not designed for +P+ ammo. Of course, as usual, your "Gubernment" doesn't listen. They tried to blame the failures on Beretta.

·
Registered
897 Posts

Really good article on it here: http://www.thegunzone.com/m9-a.html

Keep in mind that the slide failures were from Beretta metallurgy NOT from ammunition used. The pistols that failed were Beretta were designed and produced for the specific ammunition in question. I don't know about you but I'd take official U.S. Armed Forces, FBI, and Dept. of Justice reports before I'd believe a manufacturer whom had a lot of money to lose.

I guess it really doesn't answer your question though.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I wouldn't worry much about the slide. The breakages were something like a half-dozen pistols out of hundreds of thousands. I would keep an eye on the locking block. The Army replaces a lot of those. If you break the locking block, the gun stops running. This could be very hazardous to your health in a defensive situation.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I think U are supposed to change the locking block every 20K or something.

Also, they have redesigned the locking block 1 or 2 times since then - so, U may wanna get another one just to be on the safe side - they are easy to change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts