Handgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
No. When I set up my crimp I set it up to just remove the flare. I would check a short one just to make sure there is no flare left. You would not be able to shoot the difference as long as they chamber.

·
Registered
116 Posts
As long as the rounds fit the magazine and then feed from magazine into chamber ... a difference in COL of a ten thousandth of an inch is not going to affect performance . I'm assuming terminal performance but a difference that small will make no practical difference .
Gary

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply guys. Actually that is what I was thinking but beeing fairly new to hand guns and reloading I was wondering and wanted to know what more experienced reloaders think. So, I will keep reloading my 9 mm ammo.

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I first started reloading I had the same concern as the OP. Like armoredman said, check a box of any factory ammo, eye opening is an understatement.
When I started reloading in 1967 most manuals didn't even list a COL !
It wouldn't have mattered if they did ...1967 measuring instument was a 12" ruler ( with the Golden Rule printed on it) and a 3 foot Yardstick ... and that was all the measuring tools I had access to for many years .
I set bullet depth with a factory cartridge or crimp into the bullet's crimp groove or cannelure
...didn't measure doodly-squat !
Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts