Handgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 84fs that shows little (if any) wear. The cardboard box containing the plastic case is not in perfect condition, but the padlock and cleaning tools have not been used (still in the original packaging).
My question is this: I fell in love with the way the 84fs feels and would love to see how it fires, but I don't want to lower the value if it, as it appears, has never been used. Opinions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased an 84fs that shows little (if any) wear. The cardboard box containing the plastic case is not in perfect condition, but the padlock and cleaning tools have not been used (still in the original packaging).
My question is this: I fell in love with the way the 84fs feels and would love to see how it fires, but I don't want to lower the value if it, as it appears, has never been used. Opinions?
Unless you specifically purchased it for its collectible value, you should shoot it. I've always likened the purchase of a nice firearm without ever shooting it to ordering a fine meal and not eating it. You bought it to enjoy it, so enjoy it!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 84FS. Shoot it. It's a great gun.
And I threw out the original carboard box that came with it not even knowing the gun would be special. I can live with that.
Although I did buy an extra used slide and barrel for it because I was testing out real 3 dot sights. Hate the 2 dot sights.
So technically I have a very barely used original slide for it. But I shoot the converted BB slide and barrel on it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My question is this: I fell in love with the way the 84fs feels and would love to see how it fires,
I think you just asked and answered your question, both at the same time.
I bought the original M84 when they first came out. I have never put a gun in hand that felt better and was a better point shooter than that 84. I sold it (30 years later @ 3X what I paid) because I became concerned that 380 was underpowered so I changed to a Nine of about the same size for concealed carry. My 357 is a little too big for that.
Shoot that gun. You'll love it even more and it won't depreciate like a new car does you know. Also, 380 ammo has become much better in recent years.

Sam

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I would be using the crap outta that little gem...that's just me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you just asked and answered your question, both at the same time.
I bought the original M84 when they first came out. I have never put a gun in hand that felt better and was a better point shooter than that 84. I sold it (30 years later @ 3X what I paid) because I became concerned that 380 was underpowered so I changed to a Nine of about the same size for concealed carry. My 357 is a little too big for that.
Shoot that gun. You'll love it even more and it won't depreciate like a new car does you know. Also, 380 ammo has become much better in recent years.

Sam
Well, I've put a number of rounds through the 84fs and love it! It has willingly fired everything I've put through it (unlike my Glock 42). Groupings are good and I find no fault with it thus far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts