Handgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If there are any Moody Blues fans here you will know the title.
Point is, today is my birthday and I am six-hundred and thirty days late on 22,000.
Anyway, wanted to buy me a gift and found a pawn shop orphan Mossberg 500A 3" vent rib in what looks like factory camo for STOOPID cheap.
Came with a ported barrel and factory chokes. She got a full field strip exam/cleaning today. Looks like a win.
Pics to follow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Happy birthday.....
22,000 days?......I had to scratch my head and use both hands to count.....I think I'm older than you.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If there are any Moody Blues fans here you will know the title.
Point is, today is my birthday and I am six-hundred and thirty days late on 22,000.
Anyway, wanted to buy me a gift and found a pawn shop orphan Mossberg 500A 3" vent rib in what looks like factory camo for STOOPID cheap.
Came with a ported barrel and factory chokes. She got a full field strip exam/cleaning today. Looks like a win.
Pics to follow.
I am way past 22,000 days and the Moody Blues are one of my favorites. Good luck with your new firearm.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my chores and errands done this morning and loaded up for the range. The Mossberg did not disappoint. With the cylinder bore Accu-choke it threw slugs very well. I may throw a scope mount on it for some venison homicide with a red dot sight I have laying around. With the factory twin bead setup a pie plate at 100 yards is not a problem. Definitely worth the piddling $225 that I paid. ;)
I brought out my 700 tactical .308 with Magpul furniture that includes removable magazines and magwell. Still 2" high at 100 yards and ringing the 325 yard 12" x 12" 1" thick plate every time.
I also had to cycle out my carry ammo on the G19 and 34. Those two just never fail to impress me with their accuracy and reliability.
As I said above, retirement does not suck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts