1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
267 Posts
Must be more to the story.....I don't see how they can take away their 2nd amendment rights because they didn't get the jab. I can understand them getting fired for it. Lots of folks were fired for refusing the jab.

Edit: Okay- there is more to the story- the paper- "The National File" is a far right political BS group. Just because they are not democrats- does not make them okay. Those on the far right are just as bad as those on the far left. These folks "spin" the news like NPR, NBC, CNN.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Must be more to the story.....I don't see how they can take away their 2nd amendment rights because they didn't get the jab. I can understand them getting fired for it. Lots of folks were fired for refusing the jab.

Edit: Okay- there is more to the story- the paper- "The National File" is a far right political BS group. Just because they are not democrats- does not make them okay. Those on the far right are just as bad as those on the far left. These folks "spin" the news like NPR, NBC, CNN.
WCVB, Channel 5, ABC News in Boston is carrying essentially the same story. Troopers who lost their license now have apply for a license to the police chief of the town where they live, like any other Massachusetts citizen, Their "rights" are only curtailed to the same level as any other politically unconnected peon.

"As they are no longer employed by the department it is not appropriate for them to continue to hold a license to carry issued by the Colonel as a necessary function of their prior employment," state police spokesman Dave Procopio wrote in an email.

Massachusetts State Police troopers fired for refusing COVID-19 vaccine lose license to carry firearms

·
Registered
267 Posts
Okay- they didn't lose any rights- they just lost a license that came with the job they were fired from.
So -what I said was correct- the uber right wing news paper- "The National File" spun the story to stir the pot. They flat out lied to the people. Don't believe anything they say. These folks are more dangerous to us conservatives than the democrats.
Don't trust these far right groups- they are our enemy...even though they "seem" to be on our side of the street.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Didnt lose any rights, they lost their jobs, which is a whole nuther pile of bs. Just like any LEO that leaves the job for whatever, retired, resigned they have to apply for a permit to carry just like all of you.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Didnt lose any rights, they lost their jobs, which is a whole nuther pile of bs. Just like any LEO that leaves the job for whatever, retired, resigned they have to apply for a permit to carry just like all of you.
A permit to carry? The letter says no firearms of any kind or ammunition can be in their possession, including their home! Sounds like rights to me.

"“You will no longer be permitted to have firearms, rifles, shotguns, machine guns, large capacity feeding devices, and ammunition in your possession,” the letter goes on to state, laying out numerous ways Mason is shredding the 2nd Amendment rights of his own police force comrades. “Possession of a firearm and/or ammunition without an LTC is a criminal offense,” he wrote, typing the term “criminal offense” in bold font. "

·
Registered
23 Posts
. “Possession of a firearm and/or ammunition without an LTC is a criminal offense,” he wrote, typing the term “criminal offense” in bold font. "
He's not wrong.
A firearms license is required to possess or carry firearms in Massachusetts. They lost the licesnse that came with the job. If they want to keep what they have they have to get a license on their own and jump through the same hoops any other ordinary citizen does. Did they lose rights? No more than anyone else who lives there..

Apply for a firearms license

·
Registered
267 Posts
Tell that to all the folks who had to get polio, small pox, jabs so they could go to school. It wasn't debatable in the 50's.
Or to all the GI's who got jabs in their 1st physical. I had to get even more jabs when I went overseas for ole Uncle Sam.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tell that to all the folks who had to get polio, small pox, jabs so they could go to school. It wasn't debatable in the 50's.
Or to all the GI's who got jabs in their 1st physical. I had to get even more jabs when I went overseas for ole Uncle Sam.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Massachusetts is, for all practical purposes, a communist state, no surprise here. I can’t see that they were denied their second amendment rights any more than any other citizen of that state. Must suck to live on either coast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts