Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of shape do you think this nation and world of ours will be in? I'd sure like to think it'll be in good shape, but I can't fool myself enough into thinking that.

I still have friends in LE who are close to retiring. According to them, it's not close enough though. Others I know who are not close to retiring, are seriously scouting other professions to get in to.

The 2024 election could quite well be the most important election of any in our history. We so need to get it right this time. If we don't, it's gonna be a real challenge to endure another four years of misery.

Those who I have talked to about it all, are not at all hopeful. Too much to handle at one time. Overwhelming comes to mind.

So.....what are some of your feeling, opinions, and views? Is there any hope, or more prolonged suffering?

· Registered
462 Posts
What kind of shape do you think this nation and world of ours will be in? I'd sure like to think it'll be in good shape, but I can't fool myself enough into thinking that.

I still have friends in LE who are close to retiring. According to them, it's not close enough though. Others I know who are not close to retiring, are seriously scouting other professions to get in to.

The 2024 election could quite well be the most important election of any in our history. We so need to get it right this time. If we don't, it's gonna be a real challenge to endure another four years of misery.

Those who I have talked to about it all, are not at all hopeful. Too much to handle at one time. Overwhelming comes to mind.

So.....what are some of your feeling, opinions, and views? Is there any hope, or more prolonged suffering?
I guess that will all depend on how bad things get within the next coupla' years and whether enough people get fed up enough to vote accordingly? If not we are screwed. As of now there are too many issues to piss enough people off. I don't even know where to begin? Guns, the border, political corruption, inflation, crime, race relations, foreign aid, student loan forgiveness, the public education cartel, woke propaganda, cost of health care/insurance, taxes, media bias etc. Did I leave anything out? Indeed "Too much to handle at one time. Overwhelming comes to mind."

The biggest issues for me are Constitutional issues and the border. Will we retain our "Bill of Rights?" With millions of illegal invaders pouring in. Will we become a third world shit hole no different than Venezuela? Next would be political corruption. Probably the root of all of our problems? Politicians will lie, steal and prostitute themselves to the lowest common denominator for some crummy little political office. From your local school board and town council member on up. Sure there are some really good one's but it's getting harder to differentiate the good from the bad.

· Registered
706 Posts
This topic has been coming up in many places lately. Many are alarmed at the direction our elected officials are pushing us in. Our media is not producing facts and disregarding the lawlessness. Good example is the Atlanta riot recently that did not get any airtime. Antifa gets a free pass and the non-support of our law enforcement officers is getting crippling. Our leftist cities are crumbling down with no justice for its citizens. Without the Constitution or the Bill of Rights we are in for a bad future. The woke mainstream and our educational system have almost gutted our youth.
*I have to have some hope for the American spirit and hope we can all pull together to stay a free society. Once they disarm America, we will have a very difficult time getting any rights back. We have children and grandchildren that are worth fighting for. Corrupt politicians have us in a very bad place in 2023 along with Hollywood and the media we have a mountain to climb.

· Registered
6,477 Posts
It is history repeating itself. Egypt, Greece, Roman, Russia, Germany, China. The tyrants indoctrinate the children, the media all become the useful idiots to give away their liberty they have to the tyrant and then wober what happened. They use distractions of sport, sex, drugs and booze.

· Registered
557 Posts
The main reason things are in the crapper is corruption on a world scale. Just look at biden and family. For me it all started with LBJ, Vietnam etc. Then came unlimited well fare, open borders and propaganda about weather. Now we have endless wars really started with Korea. Just think of all the trillions of $ passing hands. There is not one country that does not have corruption. And who suffers? The lazy well fare people and then the workers. Now we are facing worldwide food shortages due to new regulations on farms, fertilizer and yes war. The clampdown on affordable energy, for transportation, people and goods and the ending of single family housing. We will be eating grasshoppers while they dine on prime rib and lobster. We will be drinking dirty water while they drink the best wines and booze. And yes Tony, this is history repeating itself. Just way too many sheep in the world to really understand what is going on.

· Registered
706 Posts
Not just kids but all of us are bombarded by too much mainstream propaganda that hides the facts and the Marxist are just having a field day watching our liberties and values crumble.
Make sure you talk to your kids about politics before their favorite celebrities or social media influencers do. I love the quote posted above by post#7-> Mr. Morrison "I don't know what's gonna' happen man, but I'll tell you this. I'm gonna' have my kicks before the whole shit house goes up in flames.
*I am attempting spend time with my granddaughter and provide some balance to the fake news and garbage she is exposed to and having fun doing it. My son passed away in 2015 and I feel I the need to attempt to provide her with as much history, education and American values as I can before I move on. Hopefully in the years to come these new generations can remain free Americans. What a challenge that is!
God Bless America.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts