Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Pt-111 g2

  1. #1
    hud35500's Avatar
    hud35500 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    467

    Pt-111 g2

    I've always liked Taurus handguns. They can be quirky, but they've always worked for me. The latest is the PT-111 G2. Nice trigger and great ergonomics. Re-strike is a plus. At $340.00, what's not to like.



  2. #2
    JMessmer's Avatar
    JMessmer is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    121
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus.

  3. #3
    hud35500's Avatar
    hud35500 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    467
    Have you ever owned one ?

  4. #4
    JMessmer's Avatar
    JMessmer is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    121
    Sadly...

  5. #5
    hud35500's Avatar
    hud35500 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    467
    Details ? I've owned a model 85 revolver, a 669, and a PT-945. No trouble with any of them.

  6. #6
    hud35500's Avatar
    hud35500 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    467
    What I thought !

  7. #7
    Taurus24's Avatar
    Taurus24 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37
    People will not hesitate to bash Taurus or Hi-Point. Though for the life of me besides ugliness Hi-Point has to be one of the most reliable firearms out of the box I have ever seen. I get on very few forums were people complain about the reliability of their Hi-Point. Also I have owned many, many Taurus's and have only had a couple guns with small issues. Show me a person that says any gun manufacture that puts out as many firearms as Taurus and doesn't have ANY issues and I will show you a liar. And I digress....To be fair I do own a CZ, it has had as many problems as 90% of my Taurus's, i.e. none.

    Congrats on the G2, very hard to find these days, and at $340 I would have also snatched that up. Where did you get it??

  8. #8
    paratrooper is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus24 View Post
    People will not hesitate to bash Taurus or Hi-Point. Though for the life of me besides ugliness Hi-Point has to be one of the most reliable firearms out of the box I have ever seen. I get on very few forums were people complain about the reliability of their Hi-Point. Also I have owned many, many Taurus's and have only had a couple guns with small issues. Show me a person that says any gun manufacture that puts out as many firearms as Taurus and doesn't have ANY issues and I will show you a liar. And I digress....To be fair I do own a CZ, it has had as many problems as 90% of my Taurus's, i.e. none.

    Congrats on the G2, very hard to find these days, and at $340 I would have also snatched that up. Where did you get it??

    You need to get out and around more often.

  9. #9
    Taurus24's Avatar
    Taurus24 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper View Post
    You need to get out and around more often.
    Hey I am not saying they are the best guns, but I failed to read very many post about people that are disappointed with the gun going bang. Find me a manufacture that puts out guns that need to be returned as little as Hi-Point. I swear if you say Kimber, Glock, Ruger, Or Springfield, I will vomit, have owned/fire/used all of them and they had flaws just like any other gun(s) but at a much higher price tag. I own a lot of firearms. But my Hi-Point will eat anything I feed it. Can't say the same about the Glock I have nor the Ruger.

  10. #10
    paratrooper is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,386
    Most that purchase a Hi-Point firearm, don't have real high expectations. If there's a few operating / functioning issues, they tend to live with them.

    And, when buying a Hi-Point, it's usually not something someone will brag about on a forum. And if they do bring it up and mention having issues or problems with one, it's always tends to be a neighbor's or a friend's.

    Where did you get the idea that Hi-Point firearms are returned to the manufacturer any less than any other brand?

    I know several gun shops that plain refuse to sell them, because of their history of malfunctions, issues and problems.

    BTW....I own a lot of firearms as well. Not a single Hi-Point to be found in my collection.

  11. #11
    1911fan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Greensboro
    Posts
    25
    I think a lot can be said about the quality of a gun by taking it apart. Granted all manufacturers have their issues. However I have seen some guns that I would trust my life with. The last hi-point I saw at my gunsmiths looked like the damn thing was sandcasted. Only explanation I get for a reliable hi-point might be the fact the tolerances are so loose it has a hard time jamming like an ak, but this sacrifices accuracy.

  12. #12
    Taurus24's Avatar
    Taurus24 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37
    I guess what I am saying is if you are going to bash a gun and or manufacture get your facts straight and don't just go on hype alone. If gun manf. A. produces 2 million guns a year and B. produces 150,000 it would be obvious that you will probably have more issue with gun manf. A. just based on pure numbers. And yet Kimber produces far, far less guns than Taurus/yr and I hear people having issues with those all the time because of the internal parts they use NOT BASHING just an example. I am not on a quest but it just gets old when someone ask an honest question about a Taurus or Hi-Point and someone always has to interject with the usual bashing based on an assumption most of the time, because when I asked them to tell what Taurus they own(ed) it is usual oh "my friend" has one. I have the 995 carbine probably one of my favorite guns. My friends enjoy shooting it too. The only issue I have is too small of magazine capacity. Every gun could have flaws, it would be great if someone could post a pic and show their new firearm without someone bashing it within the first 3 post. I swear some people just hover the many forums and wait for people to post anything about these guns to start a fight or "show" how gun knowledgeable they are. This is a Taurus section, I am confused why, if someone doesn't like them, even comes to this portion of the forum. I know it is a public forum, but these must be the people that go into gun shops and "spread the good word" on their opinion about these and other guns. I am not going into the Glock section and spreading hatred about my experience, I don't go into the Ruger, or Colt, or Kimber section and tell them how I feel about the product because I had this "friend" that owned one and it was (fill in example). It is funny because the LGS I use actually refuses to sell Kimber because he has had so many returned and their CS is dog crap. Do I go out and tell every Tom Dick and Harry....

  13. #13
    paratrooper is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,386
    I'm not a big fan of Kimber either.

    I hope that makes you feel better about owning a Taurus.

    BTW....Paragraphs are good for a reason.

  14. #14
    Taurus24's Avatar
    Taurus24 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Kimber either.

    I hope that makes you feel better about owning a Taurus.

    BTW....Paragraphs are good for a reason.
    Paragraphs are for English majors. And yea it does make me feel a little better. I own more than Taurus.....any thing from Colt to Savage hunting rifles. I believe in variety, it is the spice of life you know.

  15. #15
    hud35500's Avatar
    hud35500 is online now Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    467
    Wow, what a debate. You know, I can remember when Rugers were considered crap guns, just because they were inexpensive. S&W built some awesome handguns back in the 80's that were affordable, but no one bought them! My philosphy is, if you like it and it works for you, fantastic! I'm not into disrepecting anyones choice of firearms. All manufacturers build stinkers at some point, it doesn't mean all their guns are crap. I like Taurus products, they are an innovative company. I also like Sig handguns. Personally, I think most gun problems/malfunctions are down to the user. People screw up far more than machines do.

    BTW, I got the PT111G2 from Woodbury Outfitters.

  16. #16
    Taurus24's Avatar
    Taurus24 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by hud35500 View Post
    Wow, what a debate. You know, I can remember when Rugers were considered crap guns, just because they were inexpensive. S&W built some awesome handguns back in the 80's that were affordable, but no one bought them! My philosphy is, if you like it and it works for you, fantastic! I'm not into disrepecting anyones choice of firearms. All manufacturers build stinkers at some point, it doesn't mean all their guns are crap. I like Taurus products, they are an innovative company. I also like Sig handguns. Personally, I think most gun problems/malfunctions are down to the user. People screw up far more than machines do.

    BTW, I got the PT111G2 from Woodbury Outfitters.
    They only have two Taurus's right now and they are both revolvers.

  17. #17
    Taurus24's Avatar
    Taurus24 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    37

  18. #18
    berettatoter's Avatar
    berettatoter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by hud35500 View Post
    I've always liked Taurus handguns. They can be quirky, but they've always worked for me. The latest is the PT-111 G2. Nice trigger and great ergonomics. Re-strike is a plus. At $340.00, what's not to like.


    Dog gone, that's nice looking! I had a PT-111 (older style) that ran fine for me for a long time before I had to have the extractor replaced on it, but it only took Taurus about two weeks to do the work and it was fine after that. Nice pistol!

  19. #19
    berettatoter's Avatar
    berettatoter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by paratrooper View Post
    Most that purchase a Hi-Point firearm, don't have real high expectations. If there's a few operating / functioning issues, they tend to live with them.

    And, when buying a Hi-Point, it's usually not something someone will brag about on a forum. And if they do bring it up and mention having issues or problems with one, it's always tends to be a neighbor's or a friend's.

    Where did you get the idea that Hi-Point firearms are returned to the manufacturer any less than any other brand?

    I know several gun shops that plain refuse to sell them, because of their history of malfunctions, issues and problems.

    BTW....I own a lot of firearms as well. Not a single Hi-Point to be found in my collection.
    Can't we "gun owners" just get along?

  20. #20
    asm
    asm is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13
    The PT111 G2 is a great gun. Mine is 100% reliable, very accurate, easy to shoot and conceal IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

loose magazines on the pt 111 g2
,
pt111 g2
,
pt111 g2 problems
,

pt111 g2 review

,
taurus 111 g2 review
,
taurus 111g2 review
,
taurus pt 111 g2 forum
,
taurus pt111
,

taurus pt111 g2

,

taurus pt111 g2 problems

,

taurus pt111 g2 review

,
value of taures pt11
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1