Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Bigjoedo's Avatar
    Bigjoedo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    30

    New Millennium PT 111 PRO

    Hello,

    New to this part of the forum. Just picked up a brand new PT111 pro (9mm) . Brought it home, disassembled it and cleaned off all of the shipping grease. Looks like a solid little gun, a little bigger but very similar to my KAHR CW9.
    The shop I purchased it from has an indoor range and gave me 30 min of range time, so hopefully I will take it out for a test run next week. Have a good one.


    Bigjoedo

  2. #2
    bdp2000 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    101
    I also recently bought one. Did the same...took it home and hosed it out with gunscrubber. Oiled it and waited to shoot it.

    When I did, I was pleasantly suprised. I thought it would have a bit more kick for such a small and light gun. It is actually pleasant to shoot. After a few hundred rounds (without a single problem) I am finally getting used to the Heine sights. It is different than the standard 3 dot or frame sights. Just put that front sight right up there on what you want to hit and align the rear end.

  3. #3
    Bigjoedo's Avatar
    Bigjoedo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    30
    bdp2000,


    Thanks for the reply. God willing, I am going to the local inside range tomorrow.

    Bigjoedo

  4. #4
    topcat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    1

    Angry pt111 pro millenium

    Purchased my Taurus PT111 Pro a few weeks ago and had my first opportunity to shoot it 2 days ago.
    I was impressed with the gun as far as the recoil and overall handling.
    I probably fired 200+ rounds with my groups holding a little left of center.
    I also like the grip and magazine extension which gives people like myself with big hands something to hold on to.

    That being said, when I broke the gun down for cleaning, I found one of the grip pins had been severed (part # 5.2 on the schematic).
    This problem has been discussed on the Internet previously.
    Looks like the pins are made of plastic polymer instead of metal.
    I am taking it back to the dealer where I purchased the gun and see how Taurus handles the problem. I hope Taurus has developed a fix for this known problem !

    For those of you who own one of these guns, check your pins. The gun will continue to shoot but for how long ??

  5. #5
    Bigjoedo's Avatar
    Bigjoedo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    30
    Howdy,

    Took the PT111 to the range today. I really like the heine site. I kept my pattern tighter than ever before. Shot 150 rounds without a hickup. Nice little gun.


    Joe

  6. #6
    bdp2000 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    101
    Nicely done!

    Topcat, I hope your issue is fixed in a timely manner.

  7. #7
    jdeere9750 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    That being said, when I broke the gun down for cleaning, I found one of the grip pins had been severed (part # 5.2 on the schematic).
    This problem has been discussed on the Internet previously.
    I must be overlooking it - I can't find it on the exploded diagram. Which pin is it?

    I have an old generation 1 PT111. What generation of the PT111's have problems with this? All of them?

  8. #8
    HandGunNewbie!'s Avatar
    HandGunNewbie! is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjoedo View Post
    Hello,

    New to this part of the forum. Just picked up a brand new PT111 pro (9mm) . Brought it home, disassembled it and cleaned off all of the shipping grease. Looks like a solid little gun, a little bigger but very similar to my KAHR CW9.
    The shop I purchased it from has an indoor range and gave me 30 min of range time, so hopefully I will take it out for a test run next week. Have a good one.Bigjoedo
    BigJoeDo, i got mine couple of weeks ago...really like it...but will be putting on aftermarket sights on it for sure...Williams Firesights more than likely, unless i find something better in the next couple of days...here is mine:

    Bo



    Pic of the Fire Sights:

  9. #9
    GunConvert's Avatar
    GunConvert is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11

    Mags

    Hey all,

    I just purchased one of these myself this past weekend at the gunshow. I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can either buy mags w/o the finger extension or find a regular base plate to replace the extension.

    Personally, I love the extrensions on the mags but I just like to have as many carry options available and haveing a flush mag might give me some more options.

  10. #10
    jdeere9750 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by GunConvert View Post
    Hey all,

    I just purchased one of these myself this past weekend at the gunshow. I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can either buy mags w/o the finger extension or find a regular base plate to replace the extension.

    Personally, I love the extrensions on the mags but I just like to have as many carry options available and haveing a flush mag might give me some more options.
    I've got somewhat the same question. I have an old gen I PT111 and I wanted a flush base plate magazine for it. Anyone know where I could find one of those?

  11. #11
    bdp2000 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    101
    I've heard that the 24/7 mags are interchangeabale, so if those have a flat baseplate, I'll bet you could swap them out.

    If you want a 17 round mag for your pt111, just get one for a 24/4. It sticks out a bit, but it works!

  12. #12
    exercisemyright is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    68
    I'll second that; I tried my Dad's 24/7 mag in my pt111 and it works flawlessly!

  13. #13
    macgulley is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Opelika, AL
    Posts
    62
    Just ordered a PT111 Millenium Pro today. Can't wait for it to arrive.

  14. #14
    HandGunNewbie!'s Avatar
    HandGunNewbie! is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by macgulley View Post
    Just ordered a PT111 Millenium Pro today. Can't wait for it to arrive.
    Can't stress it enough...clean it...and then clean it again, lube as appropriate and you will not be disappointed!

    Bo

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

grip extension for pt111pro
,

pt 111 schematic

,
pt111 pro extension
,
schematic for a taurus pt-111 pro
,
taurus pro custom mags
,
taurus pt 111 exploded view
,
taurus pt 111 schematic
,

taurus pt111 exploded view

,

taurus pt111 magazine extension

,

taurus pt111 millenium pro magazine extension

,

taurus pt111 schematic

,
taurus pt111g2 flush magazine baseplate
Click on a term to search for related topics.