Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35
  1. #26
    SigZagger's Avatar
    SigZagger is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    472
    I think it's time for the poster, jfrink2 to chime in. Hopefully, he's read the comments and has been able to make an intelligent decision. One that suits his shooting needs/skills.

  2. Ads
  3. #27
    Mike Barham's Avatar
    Mike Barham is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona, baby!
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by SigZagger View Post
    I think it's time for the poster, jfrink2 to chime in. Hopefully, he's read the comments and has been able to make an intelligent decision. One that suits his shooting needs/skills.
    Agreed! I am done being an unpaid Glock salesman - at least in this thread!
    Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

    Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

    All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

  4. #28
    daddy4count's Avatar
    daddy4count is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    21
    Personally I don't like Glocks (duck to avoid flaming arrows)

    Not because they aren't great guns, but because the angle of the grip makes it uncomfortable to shoot (for me). I feel like I'm aiming at the floor just to hit the target.

    To me the XD is far more natural to point and shoot... but again, that's just my opinion.

    I disagree that only new shooters worry about the feel of a gun. Granted, if you shoot one long enough you will get used to it. Hell I could probably learn to love Glocks if I shot one enough times.

    But I strongly feel that you need to be comfortable with your gun. It has to feel right to you. It can be the most reliable, accurate pistol on the planet but if it doesn't feel right in your hand do you really want to depend on it in a pinch?

    Go to the range, shoot a box of ammo through each. Then go back a week later, do the same. After that you'll know without a doubt which one you want.

  5. #29
    Joejitsu is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7
    I shot the XD9 and Glock 19 head to head at the range and while I was a bit more accurate with the Glock, it definitely did not feel right in my hand. Actually it was uncomfortable and I found my middle finger rubbing the bottom of the trigger guard. The XD on the other hand felt as if it was molded for my hand. I also shot the Glock 26...and although my accuracy was actually best with it (so accurate it would make Mother Teresa weep with approval), it was SO uncomfortable to shoot (not nearly as bad as the Kahr PM9 though). I then dry handled the XD9 subcompact and after that there was no way I could in any good conscious buy the Glock over the XD. The comfort level was vastly different for me.

  6. #30
    Mike Barham's Avatar
    Mike Barham is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Arizona, baby!
    Posts
    5,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Joejitsu View Post
    I shot the XD9 and Glock 19 head to head at the range and while I was a bit more accurate with the Glock, it definitely did not feel right in my hand. Actually it was uncomfortable and I found my middle finger rubbing the bottom of the trigger guard. The XD on the other hand felt as if it was molded for my hand. I also shot the Glock 26...and although my accuracy was actually best with it (so accurate it would make Mother Teresa weep with approval), it was SO uncomfortable to shoot (not nearly as bad as the Kahr PM9 though). I then dry handled the XD9 subcompact and after that there was no way I could in any good conscious buy the Glock over the XD. The comfort level was vastly different for me.
    So you chose a compact version of the gun you shot less well? Wow. I can't really wrap my mind around that, since the purpose of shooting is hitting. To each his own, I guess.
    Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

    Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

    All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

  7. #31
    TOF's Avatar
    TOF
    TOF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    3,015
    If sex didn't feel good we probably would not go back for more. The same applies to shooting and guns.

  8. #32
    Captain's Avatar
    Captain is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    41
    For me XD all day long

  9. #33
    XD9OD's Avatar
    XD9OD is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    29
    remember, we are in the springfield part of the forum here. a note regarding triggers on the XDs as well---they can be lightened to around 3-4lbs instead of 5.5-7.7 as listed on the website, and the length can be shortened. put an XD45 in your hand and put a glock .45cal and the glock's lower feels more like a 2x4...

    accuracy is also a different point to tackle as you can definitely hit a BG multiple times in the same hole or you can hit a shoulder, rib, stomach, chest....i'd rather my groupings be about 6" rather than 1" if i'm attacked...

  10. #34
    Joejitsu is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham at Galco View Post
    So you chose a compact version of the gun you shot less well? Wow. I can't really wrap my mind around that, since the purpose of shooting is hitting. To each his own, I guess.
    Well, I think there are multiple purposes of shooting and accuracy is only one component. A big part of it is the enjoyment of shooting and having a good time. I think accuracy builds with practice and familiarity with a pistol...but if something fits in your hand like a brick, that's not going to change. Who wants to shoot a gun that feels like a brick in their hand even if they are slightly more accurate with it?

  11. #35
    IndianaJones's Avatar
    IndianaJones is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18
    a Glock is like a Brick in my hand. Sure, it is a sturdy weapon, but no way would I own one over an XD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

glock 19 vs springfield xd 9mm
,
glock 19 vs springfield xd9
,
glock 19 vs xd compact
,

glock 19 vs xd9

,
glock 19 vs xd9 compact
,
springfield vs glock 9mm handgun
,
springfield xd 9 vs glock 19
,
springfield xd 9mm vs glock 19
,

springfield xd9 vs glock 19

,
xd9 compact vs glock 19
,
xd9 vs glock
,

xd9 vs glock 19

Click on a term to search for related topics.