Is this the new "Dark Earth"

    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    1. #1
      Dustoff '68
      Guest

      Is this the new "Dark Earth"

      color rumored to be coming from Springfield for their XD's?

    2. #2
      Senior Member Baldy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Port St.John,FL.
      Posts
      6,740
      Looks more like a Desert Sand to me??

    3. #3
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,451
      That looks pretty kewl.

    4. #4
      wickedXD
      Guest
      yes...that is the new Dark Earth for the XD's

    5. #5
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,451
      As I already have 6 polymer guns, I don't know if I will ever buy an XD or not. I was tempted to a while back, but now I don't know.

      Also have read some complaints about locking block issues, and how some of the internals wear over time and produce more barrel wobble. Then, w/ the rust issues... I don't know...

      Looks nice, though...

    6. #6
      wickedXD
      Guest
      Actually that one might be custom with the slide painted...here is what SA has on there sight as the Dark Earth


    7. #7
      Senior Member Rustycompass's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Pawley's Island
      Posts
      1,126

      Thumbs up

      Quote Originally Posted by Dustoff '68 View Post
      color rumored to be coming from Springfield for their XD's?
      ~

    8. #8
      Dustoff '68
      Guest

      Glad to see you

      Quote Originally Posted by rustycompass View Post
      ~


      are back...

    9. #9
      Member Revolver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Posts
      897
      Looks really good. The only eyesore is that "MADE IN CORATIA" that's molded in the frame. Looks even better with that painted slide.

    10. #10
      Dustoff '68
      Guest

      Could be worse....

      Quote Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
      Looks really good. The only eyesore is that "MADE IN CORATIA" that's molded in the frame. Looks even better with that painted slide.

      ....made in Austria (home of America's neo-nazi father, Hitler)....yeah....could be worse.

    11. #11
      Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      1,473
      Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
      As I already have 6 polymer guns, I don't know if I will ever buy an XD or not. I was tempted to a while back, but now I don't know.

      Also have read some complaints about locking block issues, and how some of the internals wear over time and produce more barrel wobble. Then, w/ the rust issues... I don't know...

      Looks nice, though...
      All in all they seem to be nice guns. I may get one some day but right now I do not see a reason to. There are not any upgrades on the XD that make it more attractive than my HK or 1911

      Nice looking gun though!

    12. #12
      Senior Member Rustycompass's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Pawley's Island
      Posts
      1,126
      Quote Originally Posted by -gunut- View Post
      All in all they seem to be nice guns. I may get one some day but right now I do not see a reason to. There are not any upgrades on the XD that make it more attractive than my HK or 1911

      Nice looking gun though!
      ~ maybe it's not an upgrade per say, but they're cheaper & easier on the wallet... o wait, that won't do you any good since you already have the HK & 1911.
      oh never mind, it's late & I'm tired.
      but that is a nice USP.45 ya have on the HK tread...

    13. #13
      Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      1,473
      Quote Originally Posted by rustycompass View Post
      ~ maybe it's not an upgrade per say, but they're cheaper & easier on the wallet... o wait, that won't do you any good since you already have the HK & 1911.
      oh never mind, it's late & I'm tired.
      but that is a nice USP.45 ya have on the HK tread...
      lol I was tryin to think of the right word... lol

      They are very cost effective! I am just trying to find a reason to get one!

      Suggestions?

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Search tags for this page

    dark earth xd's

    Click on a term to search for related topics.