Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: xd40 holster

  1. #1
    david paul is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgetown Ky.
    Posts
    4

    xd40 holster

    I recently purchased a Springfield XD40 sub compact. I'm looking for a good conceal carrry holster. I run a towing company so i'm constantly in and out of the truck. I want a leather holster that holds it high. I also want a thumb break & a closed muzzle (so I eliminate the chance of damaging the end of my gun crawling up under cars) I have seen quite a few holsters but I can't seem to find a closed muzzle. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. THANKS

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    terryger is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65
    galco, desantis , bianchi, all make good ones. there are plenty others too depending on how much you want to spend and how long you want to wait to get one.

    get a cold drink, some chips and a few hours to set aside and then google holsters.

  4. #3
    mapcase is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NoVA/DC area
    Posts
    8
    I ordered one from Falco Holsters (through Ebay) which is leather with a thumbreak. Covers the muzzle, but is open at the bottom, however it's an Inside-the-Waistband one, so the muzzle shouldn't get too much wear or debris. It just has the clip on it, no actual belt loops

    Haven't received it yet so don't know the actual quality. They're in one of the Eastern European countries. Their website is falcoholsters.com

    Good luck and let us know what you decide on (I'm interested in what you find out there... this was the best I could find wanting some of the same features as you for the same gun)

    Chris

  5. #4
    jdeere9750 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by david paul View Post
    I recently purchased a Springfield XD40 sub compact. I'm looking for a good conceal carrry holster. I run a towing company so i'm constantly in and out of the truck. I want a leather holster that holds it high. I also want a thumb break & a closed muzzle (so I eliminate the chance of damaging the end of my gun crawling up under cars) I have seen quite a few holsters but I can't seem to find a closed muzzle. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. THANKS
    Are you wanting an OWB holster? I assume that's what you're looking for since your worried about potential damage to the gun due to the open end of the holster. If you're wanting to keep it concealed, I'd kinda lean towards an IWB option. Just a thought.

  6. #5
    david paul is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgetown Ky.
    Posts
    4
    Yes I'm looking for a owb. With this spare tire I carry around I don't think a iwb will be very comfortable. I can't find 1 with a closed muzzle so Im thinking about the Blackhawk 3 slot pancake or the Gould & Goodrich 3 slot pancake. What do you think?

  7. #6
    jdeere9750 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by david paul View Post
    Yes I'm looking for a owb. With this spare tire I carry around I don't think a iwb will be very comfortable. I can't find 1 with a closed muzzle so Im thinking about the Blackhawk 3 slot pancake or the Gould & Goodrich 3 slot pancake. What do you think?
    It's been a while since I've checked in here, and I see you haven't got any more replies on your holster question. Don't know if you've gotten one or not, but I'm afraid I won't be much help to you anymore. I don't have any experience carrying OWB, and I don't have any experience with either Blackhawk or G&G. I know that Devil'sJohnson has said that he really likes his Gould IWB holster, and I think they make some good holsters.

    The only thing I can tell you is that I have a High Noon holster, and I am pleased with it. Fair price, good quality, and they make them for several makes/models of guns. They've got several OWB options, most of which will fit your gun. Here's their site: http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._holsters.html

    Outside of that, I'm not much help. Good Luck!

  8. #7
    david paul is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgetown Ky.
    Posts
    4
    Ok I went with th Galco m7x matrix holster. It is a total different holster than what I was wanting. But I put it on & it felt good. Very easy to conceal with just a t shirt. So for now I'm happy with what I have.

  9. #8
    jdeere9750 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by david paul View Post
    Ok I went with th Galco m7x matrix holster. It is a total different holster than what I was wanting. But I put it on & it felt good. Very easy to conceal with just a t shirt. So for now I'm happy with what I have.
    Glad to hear you found one you like. Good luck with it.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

3-slot pancake leather concealment
,
blackhawk 3 slot pancake xd
,
blackhawk 3-slot pancake forum
,
blackhawk leather pancake holster forum
,
galco pancake holster for springfield xd40
,
springfield pancake holster blackhawk
,
springfield xd 40 leather pancake holster
,
springfield xd subcompact 3 slot pancake holster
,
thumb break holster for springfield xd 40 subcompact
,
what the best holster for a xd40
,
who makes leather thumb break holster for springfield xd subcompact?
,

xd40 holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.