Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102

    XD9Sub vs Service Model...

    Does anyone have pics or a way with the XD9SC with mag extension next to Pearce Extension...In a Glock it didnt seem to make much a difference in concealment but Pearce Extension looks smaller on the XD9SC...So is it going to be the same case here i went through on the G23 and G27?Its mainly a concern for this gun will be for my girlfriend.....

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Don't have any pics but ... the 10-round mag with a Pearce is almost as long as the 16-round mag with grip extension at the front. The Pearce then goes up and back (providing rest for the pinky finger and then "retreating" since the extra length at the back is not needed) and it becomes much shorter than the 16-round mag in that regard. The 16-round mag is the same length throughout so you have a long grip the whole time instead of the grip being tapered.

    Having carried a XD40 service and then switching to the XD9SC last spring, I find that even with the Pearce, the SC is easier to conceal than the full-size.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    It looks in some of the pics i seen that the Pearce Grip its smaller than the Glocks.My girlfriend and i both can almost put our whole hand on the gun with flush mag so being the Pearce Grip is shorter on the XD than others that should work out well..Also i agree with the SC is more concealable...You think it wouldnt be that much difference but i tried what appeared to be a minimal decrease in size became a increase in concealability between a Gloc 23 and Glock 27...

  5. #4
    JeffWard's Avatar
    JeffWard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    St Pete Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,932
    XD9SC w/ Pearce Grip Ext
    XD45 Compact
    XD45 Tactical...

    Side-by-side-by-side.

    The frame on the Tactical and the Service are identical (interchangable)

    Jeff

    XD9SC/XD45Compact/XD45Tactical)


    XD9SC and XD45 Service

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    In there first pic the SC looks just as long with the Mag extension.In the scond pick it looks longer with the extension and same size as the Service model even if the extension was taken away.It almost looks the same way that the subcompact in SA is like Glock.If you add the mag extension on the Glock there not going to be really that much difference in size but can make a difference in concealing them...

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    410
    These are really great pics. Anyone else notice in pic 2, you can see the manufacturers stamp stating "Made in Croatia?"

    Not sure I want to buy an XD now.

  8. #7
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by plentyofpaws View Post
    These are really great pics. Anyone else notice in pic 2, you can see the manufacturers stamp stating "Made in Croatia?"

    Not sure I want to buy an XD now.
    That's because before the XD was the XD it was the HS2000. Springfield bought the rights to it and re-named it the XD. The gun has always been made in Croatia. The fact that it's made in Croatia doesn't make it any worse quuality. But if you want to discount a gun simply because of where it's made and not based on the numerous satisfied owners and its reliability, that's your loss.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    410

    back off

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    That's because before the XD was the XD it was the HS2000. Springfield bought the rights to it and re-named it the XD. The gun has always been made in Croatia. The fact that it's made in Croatia doesn't make it any worse quuality. But if you want to discount a gun simply because of where it's made and not based on the numerous satisfied owners and its reliability, that's your loss.
    Thanks for the history lesson. Didn't have to be quite so rude. I was born and raised in Springfiled Armory's backyard. And was not aware that they produced weapons anywhere, but Springfeild!!!!!

    Sorry I was stupid.

  10. #9
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Would you really not buy one because it's made in Croatia? How about a Glock? Just curious.

    -Jeff-

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    410
    Jeff: Not saying I wouldn't buy, heck I own a Glock, Austria and a Sig, Germany. No telling where my EAA Witness P was made.

    I just had not realized that Springfield Armory made any weapons outside the USA. Silly me. I actually still have a XD SC9 on my wish list.

    I am contemplating trading my EAA towards the purchase of a 1911.

  12. #11
    JeffWard's Avatar
    JeffWard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    St Pete Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,932
    Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    In there first pic the SC looks just as long with the Mag extension.In the scond pick it looks longer with the extension and same size as the Service model even if the extension was taken away.It almost looks the same way that the subcompact in SA is like Glock.If you add the mag extension on the Glock there not going to be really that much difference in size but can make a difference in concealing them...
    Look at the first pic, the gun on the far right (the full size frame), and the far left, the XDSC. The difference at the butt end is huge. This is the part of a gun that "prints", as most people carry with a forward cant. True, the front edge is only a bit shorter, but this is where you need grip length for your pinky. This gun is shown in my large hands in my avatar. The full-size frame sticks a good INCH more out from your hip... The difference between noticable, and not noticable. For CC, I would DEFINATELY recommend the SC.

    I no longer own either 45ACP in the pics, as I shoot my new M&P 9mm Pro eries in competition, and carry the 9mm XD9SC. I see no advantage carrying the bigger guns. And the XD45 Compact was a test, vs the XD9SC. For accuracy with speed, and for weight, the XD9SC won hands down... The XD45C got sold.

    JeffWard

  13. #12
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by plentyofpaws View Post
    Thanks for the history lesson. Didn't have to be quite so rude.
    Rude? Rude? I was simply giving you some background information on the pistol you were supposedly interested in purchasing. Sorry for trying to help. I didn't realize telling you the XD was the HS2000 and has always made in Croatia was rude. WTH?!!?

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    410

    Sorry Todd

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Rude? Rude? I was simply giving you some background information on the pistol you were supposedly interested in purchasing. Sorry for trying to help. I didn't realize telling you the XD was the HS2000 and has always made in Croatia was rude. WTH?!!?
    I was not the one asking about purchasing, like you, I was just replying to Drummer03. Just made an observation. I think is was the line of wanting to discount buying it becasue of where its made is my loss. Or something to that affect.

    I was actually shocked to see the "Made in Croatia." Never realized SA made guns outside the country. And I did appreciate the history lesson. My misunderstanding, sorry.

  15. #14
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by plentyofpaws View Post
    I think is was the line of wanting to discount buying it becasue of where its made is my loss. Or something to that affect.
    That wasn't meant to be rude either, just a simple statement that it would be a loss to eliminate the gun from your short list because of where it was made.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    410
    That's cool! I've owned some guns that were made in places I never knew existed and yet they turned out to be pretty good pieces. Didn't have the craftmanship or polish, but when I squeezed the trigger they all went bang. Again, Croatia surprised me!

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWard View Post
    Look at the first pic, the gun on the far right (the full size frame), and the far left, the XDSC. The difference at the butt end is huge. This is the part of a gun that "prints", as most people carry with a forward cant. True, the front edge is only a bit shorter, but this is where you need grip length for your pinky. This gun is shown in my large hands in my avatar. The full-size frame sticks a good INCH more out from your hip... The difference between noticable, and not noticable. For CC, I would DEFINATELY recommend the SC.

    I no longer own either 45ACP in the pics, as I shoot my new M&P 9mm Pro eries in competition, and carry the 9mm XD9SC. I see no advantage carrying the bigger guns. And the XD45 Compact was a test, vs the XD9SC. For accuracy with speed, and for weight, the XD9SC won hands down... The XD45C got sold.

    JeffWard
    what is the round bump on the bottom of the SC?

  18. #17
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    what is the round bump on the bottom of the SC?
    In this picture?


    If so, it's the mag extension.

    -Jeff-

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    Yeh that one...Hmm which extension is that? I though they didnt bulge down,just had the front part...

  20. #19
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    Yeh that one...Hmm which extension is that? I though they didnt bulge down,just had the front part...
    It's a pearce, and I'm pretty sure it's concave, it just looks like a "bulge" in the picture.

    -Jeff-

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    It's a pearce, and I'm pretty sure it's concave, it just looks like a "bulge" in the picture.

    -Jeff-
    Do you think the difference in the SC w/ Mag extension is much more compact than the service model?

  22. #21
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    Do you think the difference in the SC w/ Mag extension is much more compact than the service model?
    Those aren't my pictures as you probably already know (different Jeff here ) but I'd say yes, it is more compact and easier to conceal. As JeffWard said above:

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWard
    The difference at the butt end is huge. This is the part of a gun that "prints", as most people carry with a forward cant.
    This is very true. The butt is the part of the gun that typically prints. Honestly, I don't see a reason to purchase a Service model. I had the Service and SC and just recently sold my Service. The SC comes with a 16-round magazine that makes the grip the exact same length as the Service model. I didn't personally notice any accuracy difference between my SC and Service models (for some reason, I actually shot the SC better and i'm not the only one to experience this). I would just purchase the SC if I were you. The best part about that is, you can find out the difference in concealability very easily! You'd have the extended mag (service length grip) and just purchase a pearce extension for the short mag. Then you would definitely notice the difference in concealability and could test it both ways.

    -Jeff-

  23. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    Although if i go with the SC and put a mag extension on the front weill be the same just not the back.Althoug unlike the Glocks im looking at 1 inch difference in length as opposed to 1/2 inch...

  24. #23
    quickstarr's Avatar
    quickstarr is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Schuylkill County
    Posts
    60
    XD9SC can anyone list the width of the grip/gun? I'm interested in a 9mm subcompact but I don't want a glock width gun. I need something narrower
    and more on par with a kahr width. So how does the XD9SC measure up?

  25. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Grande Pradera, TX
    Posts
    760
    The Pearce Grip Extension on the XD doesn't add magazine capacity.

    You can trim/shave the extension to better fit you. http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/hs2000-...n-reduced.html

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

x-d9sub 9mm gun

Click on a term to search for related topics.