Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    tbonez is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2

    Where to buy a gun these days

    I have been trying to buy an XDM-9 for three weeks now. It seems that no one has them in my area. Anyone know a good on-line retailer that will ship to my local gun shop? I have checked a couple out on line and I dont know who is credible and who isnt....

  2. #2
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonez View Post
    I have been trying to buy an XDM-9 for three weeks now. It seems that no one has them in my area. Anyone know a good on-line retailer that will ship to my local gun shop? I have checked a couple out on line and I dont know who is credible and who isnt....
    Welcome to the forum.

    There are a few on gunbroker. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one from a seller with good feedback.

    -Jeff-

  3. #3
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    I ordered my XD9SC from XD pistols.com. http://www.xdpistols.com/category/7-...M_Pistols.aspx Transaction went smoothly although I thought they could have shipped it a bit faster.

    And there always Bud's http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...sort/3a/page/1

  4. #4
    tbonez is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks guys...you would think I was trying to buy a rare painting or something. I never figured I would have this hard of a time buying a gun. This is my third purchase (Im a newb) and the other two were easy...

  5. #5
    TOF's Avatar
    TOF
    TOF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    3,015
    Purchasing a popular new model pistol that is in short supply can be difficult in the best of times. When the entire country is buying everything available in preperation for Armageddon it can be next to impossible.

    Patience and perseverance will win out in the longt run.

    Try here: http://www.galleryofguns.com/#

    Use the Genie.

  6. #6
    Ram Rod's Avatar
    Ram Rod is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington county, arkansas
    Posts
    1,026
    Check your local pawn shops...seriously. Wife and I went to one today to look. She's got it in her head she wants a pistol. Tried a Taurus airweight in 38spl. No comments, but I hated the DA trigger pull, and it had a spur hammer which should be chopped on any small revolver IMO. But I was talking to the owner all the while eyeballing a G26 for $525 in the case! He stated he had special ordered it for someone and they never picked it up. Had it for eight months he told me. He also has some nice looking used 20rd straight AR mags for $10 each. If the gun show sucks tomorrow, I'll be going back to that shop. I told him he cut my usual dealer on the G26 as my Glocks have been $549 to start. Some of them would rather move inventory rather than make killer profits.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Check your local pawn shops...seriously. Wife and I went to one today to look. She's got it in her head she wants a pistol. Tried a Taurus airweight in 38spl. No comments, but I hated the DA trigger pull, and it had a spur hammer which should be chopped on any small revolver IMO. But I was talking to the owner all the while eyeballing a G26 for $525 in the case! He stated he had special ordered it for someone and they never picked it up. Had it for eight months he told me. He also has some nice looking used 20rd straight AR mags for $10 each. If the gun show sucks tomorrow, I'll be going back to that shop. I told him he cut my usual dealer on the G26 as my Glocks have been $549 to start. Some of them would rather move inventory rather than make killer profits.
    agreed..
    Although all Glocks in 9mm and 40 S&W sell at local gun shops for 499 NIB...
    Im going to get a XDM when they come in the Compact version....

  8. #8
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    get a XDM when they come in the Compact version....
    You may be waiting a while. The M is definitely more of a target/range pistol while the SC and the Compacts are for carry. Two different niches that I bet Springfield is not looking to combine any time soon.

  9. #9
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    You may be waiting a while. The M is definitely more of a target/range pistol while the SC and the Compacts are for carry. Two different niches that I bet Springfield is not looking to combine any time soon.
    I agree.

    The "M" models are supposed to be "match" type weapons. I would personally never expect an "M" compact, or sub-compact XD. Just my .02

    -Jeff-

  10. #10
    goose2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3
    Someone on another forum said they contacted SA and asked this very question and was told you will never see the XD M in the compact model. Take any way you want. Thats what I herd.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Canton, OH
    Posts
    48
    I have had great experiences purchasing hard to find pistols from both GunBroker http://GunBroker.com/ and Buds Gun Shop http://BudsGunShop.com/. Buds has great prices. Good prices on GunBroker require patience. Just like on Ebay, let good supplier feedback be your guide.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    I agree.

    The "M" models are supposed to be "match" type weapons. I would personally never expect an "M" compact, or sub-compact XD. Just my .02

    -Jeff-
    Yeh Ram Rod i know it will be awhile..
    As for Beefy ,they are going to make them.they introduced prototype designs at a convention Gander Mtn employees went to.Also had a concept model of 45....

  13. #13
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by hi im drummer03 View Post
    Yeh Ram Rod i know it will be awhile..
    As for Beefy ,they are going to make them.they introduced prototype designs at a convention Gander Mtn employees went to.Also had a concept model of 45....
    Interesting...

  14. #14
    TOF's Avatar
    TOF
    TOF is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Arizona
    Posts
    3,015
    I expect the M series to replace the XD standard over time because of the adjustable grip. As molds wear and require replacement they can be replaced with the M design just as easily as the standard. The adjustable grip expands the potential customer base.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    I expect the M series to replace the XD standard over time because of the adjustable grip. As molds wear and require replacement they can be replaced with the M design just as easily as the standard. The adjustable grip expands the potential customer base.
    I have heard several gun dealers say that the M-models may replace all the XD's..Especially since the XDM mags can not fit the other XD's...

  16. #16
    nx95240 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    15
    i been looking in pawn shop around town here for a XDM too..

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •