Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: quick question

  1. #1
    kevinsmith1's Avatar
    kevinsmith1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    43

    Question quick question

    I just bought a new XD and i bought the bi-tone. my question is can i buy a black slide for it as well? i know it has the serial # on it so i wasn't sure. if so, where can i get one? I checked on their web site but couln't find anything. thanks

  2. #2
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    I have occasionally seen one for sale, but it's definitely not very often. May I ask why you would want one in the first place?

    -Jeff-

  3. #3
    kevinsmith1's Avatar
    kevinsmith1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    I have occasionally seen one for sale, but it's definitely not very often. May I ask why you would want one in the first place?

    -Jeff-
    I also have a subcompact that is just black and i like it better than the bi-tone.

  4. #4
    BeefyBeefo's Avatar
    BeefyBeefo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,873
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmith1 View Post
    I also have a subcompact that is just black and i like it better than the bi-tone.
    Okay, I'll bite. Then why did you buy a bi-tone?

    I think your best bet would be to send your slide somewhere to have it coated. You'll end up with a stronger finish (depending on what you choose), and the color you're looking for.

    -Jeff-

  5. #5
    kevinsmith1's Avatar
    kevinsmith1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    Okay, I'll bite. Then why did you buy a bi-tone?

    I think your best bet would be to send your slide somewhere to have it coated. You'll end up with a stronger finish (depending on what you choose), and the color you're looking for.

    -Jeff-
    ok, here goes. Im new to handguns and i went to a range, rented xds, m&ps, and glocks. all in 9mm,.40, and .45. i wanted one for concealed carry and one for target and home defense. i wanted to trade a gun for both and the guy at the gun shop which is an hour and a half away offered me 250 more for my gun than any other place would give and all he had at the time was the bi-tone. i liked it at first but i carry the sub and the more i carry the better i like it and so i wonderd if i could just switch out the slides.

  6. #6
    Teuthis is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    442
    It's a gun, not a purse. What does the color matter? Shoot it a lot and get good with it. I don't think anyone is going to make fun of you or call you a sissy because you have a two-tone gun.

  7. #7
    kevinsmith1's Avatar
    kevinsmith1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Teuthis View Post
    It's a gun, not a purse. What does the color matter? Shoot it a lot and get good with it. I don't think anyone is going to make fun of you or call you a sissy because you have a two-tone gun.
    hey thanks alot. that was really helpful.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bitone vs black

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1