Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: XD-40 Issue

  1. #1
    L8models's Avatar
    L8models is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    254

    XD-40 Issue

    I have a fairly new XD-40 with about 200 rounds max through it. Never had any FTF issues. I have noticed this rough textured area. I am thinking either it got really hot or either it's just a molding mark during manufacturing of this gun. Anybody know what this rough area could be caused from?

    Thanks guys



  2. #2
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,897
    It's just gotta be a manufacturering flaw. I doubt it's getting that hot.

  3. #3
    breech is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    31
    I've owned 2 XD's. A XD9 Service and I just recently sold a XD45 Tac to a local club shooter. I've noticed the same thing on the rear rail section. It's plastic obviously. I don't think it will cause a problem. As far as cause, it may just be from the manufacturing process.

  4. #4
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,897
    Quote Originally Posted by breech
    I've owned 2 XD's. A XD9 Service and I just recently sold a XD45 Tac to a local club shooter. I've noticed the same thing on the rear rail section. It's plastic obviously. I don't think it will cause a problem. As far as cause, it may just be from the manufacturing process.
    What made U get rid of the 45 XD?

  5. #5
    breech is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
    Quote Originally Posted by breech
    I've owned 2 XD's. A XD9 Service and I just recently sold a XD45 Tac to a local club shooter. I've noticed the same thing on the rear rail section. It's plastic obviously. I don't think it will cause a problem. As far as cause, it may just be from the manufacturing process.
    What made U get rid of the 45 XD?
    In all honestly cost of ammo. I don't have a problem with 45's. The XD was one of my gaming guns. I shoot at least once a week and each time I shoot on average of 300 rounds. It adds up over time. I'm going to switch back to either a 9mm or 40 for the games. It's more cost effective since I'll just be killing cardboard.

  6. #6
    L8models's Avatar
    L8models is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    254
    That rear area where the spot is isn't metal, it's polymer molded with the frame. But, your right....if it got that hot it would have melted alot more than just that one spot.

  7. #7
    C1076USMC's Avatar
    C1076USMC is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    3
    I'd email Springfield about it. Send the picture. They are really easy to talk to and deal with. They will issue you a RMA # if they think they need to see it. They will reimburse the shipping too. I'd talk to Deb Else (debe@springfield-armory.com). She'll get you an answer right away.

  8. #8
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Shipwreck is offline HGF Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    10,897
    Quote Originally Posted by breech

    In all honestly cost of ammo. I don't have a problem with 45's. The XD was one of my gaming guns. I shoot at least once a week and each time I shoot on average of 300 rounds. It adds up over time. I'm going to switch back to either a 9mm or 40 for the games. It's more cost effective since I'll just be killing cardboard.
    That's why I don't have anything but 9mm guns right now myself. The 45 ammo gets very expensive.

    The only 45 I may buy will be the HK45 - their unreleased gun that should be out next year.

  9. #9
    Don
    Don is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Albion, WA
    Posts
    5
    My XD40 is very clean and sharp around that area. But I don't that it should be any heat or hot gasses in that area, so I would think it is a casting thing. There shoudn't be any forces in that area either, so I wouldn't stress over it (pun only half intended). :wink:

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

breach load xd40

,

can you breach load a xd-40

,

springfield xd .40 issues

,

springfield xd 40 issues

,

where is the breech of a xd40

,

xd 40 breach load

,

xd 40 issues

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1