Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    RogerThat's Avatar
    RogerThat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    63

    Put new grips on my P229





    Didn't really like the grips that came with it, felt kind of cheap and flimsy. So I decided to upgrade... let me know what you think

    if anyone wants to know the website I got them from let me know I'll PM the link to you

  2. #2
    MT Wallet is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11
    Beautiful! I agree the stock grips feel cheap and flimsy

    I am keeping them though because they fit my hand so well

  3. #3
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373
    Looks pretty good. I like wood over plastic or other polymers also. Now hows it shoot with em on there? Does it feel better?

  4. #4
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat View Post
    if anyone wants to know the website I got them from let me know I'll PM the link to you
    As long as it's not your own website, you can post where you got them. People pushing their own products or site is what we have the issue with.

    Nice looking grips. They look like the ones that come on the Elites.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    686
    Yea, post it up or PM me, I wanna know.

  6. #6
    RogerThat's Avatar
    RogerThat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by YFZsandrider View Post
    Yea, post it up or PM me, I wanna know.
    www.gungripsupply.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    As long as it's not your own website, you can post where you got them. People pushing their own products or site is what we have the issue with.

    Nice looking grips. They look like the ones that come on the Elites.
    thanks I would agree that they do look like the ones that come on the elites.. thats probably what I like about them the most!

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsJohnson View Post
    Looks pretty good. I like wood over plastic or other polymers also. Now hows it shoot with em on there? Does it feel better?
    I haven't shot it yet with them on it, but it has a very solid feel.. no flimsy cheap feeling whatsoever

    Quote Originally Posted by MT Wallet View Post
    Beautiful! I agree the stock grips feel cheap and flimsy

    I am keeping them though because they fit my hand so well
    yeah I still have them.. just in case I want to switch them around for carry or something never know

  7. #7
    kiawah is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    When they refer to the 'rosewood' or 'walnut', that is just the color, correct? And that the wood is something else?

    The walnut certainly doesn't look like walnut wood grain on their website. I'm looking for a set of grips for my P229.

    Did you need to buy larger screws?

  8. #8
    jjgold is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    11
    NICE!... I hated the grips on my P238. They were the crappy grey plastic. I put a pair of black buffalo horn and it makes the gun look rich. It also feels better in my hand.

  9. #9
    rimler's Avatar
    rimler is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    19
    Great Looking Grips

  10. #10
    Koop's Avatar
    Koop is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kiawah View Post
    When they refer to the 'rosewood' or 'walnut', that is just the color, correct? And that the wood is something else?

    The walnut certainly doesn't look like walnut wood grain on their website. I'm looking for a set of grips for my P229.

    Did you need to buy larger screws?
    I think you're right. It says all of the wood grips are laminate - so it's a plywood that's most likely stained.

  11. #11
    flyinpolack is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    51

    sweet grips!

    That's a super nice looking p229. I'm envious

  12. #12
    zetti1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    152
    That is a beautiful gun!!!

  13. #13
    Roman4405's Avatar
    Roman4405 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    38
    That is a nice looking Sig you got there, I like the two tone with the wood grips. I'm thinking of picking up their gray/black grain wood grips.

  14. #14
    Rogelk is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    109
    Looks great! Do they feel thinner, thicker or the same as the factory grips RogerThat?

  15. #15
    mesz13's Avatar
    mesz13 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    62
    where did u find grips for the 238? been looking for some time now to replace mine.

  16. #16
    Mcfly682 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    10
    Thats a sexy beast. The grips are very similar to the elite grips for sure.

  17. #17
    terryger is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65
    sweeeeet!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

custom grips for sig p229
,

custom p229 grips

,

custom sig p229 grips

,
p229 blackwood grips
,

p229 grips

,
sig p229 blackwood grips
,

sig p229 custom grips

,
sig p229 grips custom
,

sig p229 wood grips

,
sig sauer p229 blackwood grips
,
sig sauer p229 custom grips
,

sig sauer p229 wood grips

Click on a term to search for related topics.