I can't shoot my new LC9.

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 46
    1. #1
      Member Holly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      North Dakota
      Posts
      563

      I can't shoot my new LC9.

      I hate the trigger... Wish I had fired one before I purchased it. Good news is my husband can shoot it, so it's not a complete waste.

    2. #2
      Member Gunners_Mate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      USS Constitution
      Posts
      379
      what is it about the trigger that you loathe so much as to not be able to shoot it?

    3. #3
      Member Holly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      North Dakota
      Posts
      563
      Well, I CAN'T pull the trigger. Even with my fist bawled up around the thing, and squeezing with all of my might, it won't fire.

    4. #4
      Member Gunners_Mate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      USS Constitution
      Posts
      379
      ... from a quick google look up the trigger pull should be 6.3lb's or roughly what you expect in single action of the m9, whats the deal?

    5. #5
      Member Holly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      North Dakota
      Posts
      563
      My finger just doesn't move back that far. I'm not sure why. We're going back out this weekend to try again. Maybe my hands are too little? That's what it feels like.

    6. #6
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      6
      You are probably sticking your finger too far on to the trigger. Try no more than your first joint of your finger tip. You can unload the gun and practice dry firing. you don't need to go to the range to do this just make sure the gun is empty and practice away.

      tom

    7. #7
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Southwest Arizona
      Posts
      183
      Quote Originally Posted by n8ies View Post
      You are probably sticking your finger too far on to the trigger. Try no more than your first joint of your finger tip. You can unload the gun and practice dry firing. you don't need to go to the range to do this just make sure the gun is empty and practice away.

      tom
      A good suggestion!

      I'll agree 100%

      Lateck,

    8. #8
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Poughkeepsie, NY
      Posts
      1,017
      My experience has been that if you stick with it, even the most uncomfortable weapons start to feel natural in your hands. The human body is very adaptable. As long as you can reach the controls after time you will conquer this beast. And the Ruger has gotten generally good reviews so I think it is worth sticking with for a few more months.

      When I got my Glock 27, which does not allow a pinkie grip, it took 150 rounds over three sessions before I started to feel comfortable. I could have added an extension that allowed the pinkie grip, but that would have compromised the concealability. I can shoot it just fine now. And I think you will do fine with the Ruger too. I'll wager you will see an improvement with each range session.

    9. #9
      Member DogRanger's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Posts
      142
      The trigger sucks thats why I traded it on onther 1911.

    10. #10
      Junior Member draak's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Camano Island, Wa.
      Posts
      51
      Quote Originally Posted by DogRanger View Post
      The trigger sucks thats why I traded it on onther 1911.
      +1. I traded for a Stoeger Cougar.

    11. #11
      Senior Member berettatoter's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,934
      Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
      I hate the trigger... Wish I had fired one before I purchased it. Good news is my husband can shoot it, so it's not a complete waste.
      What would you guess the pull weight is? My wife can't shoot a lot of my guns as well as me because of finger strength.

    12. #12
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Poughkeepsie, NY
      Posts
      1,017
      Rather than limit the number of weapons that are available to you, perhaps you could engage in a program of resistance exercises to improve grip strength. This will offer the added benefit of improved accuracy in shooting.

    13. #13
      Member Gunners_Mate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      USS Constitution
      Posts
      379
      Quote Originally Posted by Gunners_Mate View Post
      ... from a quick google look up the trigger pull should be 6.3lb's or roughly what you expect in single action of the m9, whats the deal?
      Quote Originally Posted by berettatoter View Post
      What would you guess the pull weight is? My wife can't shoot a lot of my guns as well as me because of finger strength.


      Quote Originally Posted by Packard
      Rather than limit the number of weapons that are available to you, perhaps you could engage in a program of resistance exercises to improve grip strength. This will offer the added benefit of improved accuracy in shooting.
      Not a terrible idea. I use a rubber ring I purchased at a rock climbing gym I frequent to help out with building grip strength (and reducing stress/ refraining from strangling my colleagues), but something I've been intending to buy is the gripmaster, which on their website is even advertised as increasing grip strength to improve accuracy for firearm's shooting.

      http://www.gripmaster.com.au/index1.htm

    14. #14
      Junior Member mesz13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      62
      I had a LC9, liked the gun hated the trigger, its a very long pull, you almost have to wonder when its going to fire. I gave up on it and purchased a Kimber Solo. The trigger is awesome, its extremely easy to aim and hits your target, and when i finally got all the bumps worked out it has become my main carry gun. Does anyone know if there are any fixes to the LC9 trigger? (IE like the Ghost trigger for Glocks or from local gun smiths) I think I would purchase another one if the trigger could be worked on. Other then the trigger I liked the gun a lot.

    15. #15
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Poughkeepsie, NY
      Posts
      1,017
      Quote Originally Posted by mesz13 View Post
      I had a LC9, liked the gun hated the trigger, its a very long pull, you almost have to wonder when its going to fire. I gave up on it and purchased a Kimber Solo. The trigger is awesome, its extremely easy to aim and hits your target, and when i finally got all the bumps worked out it has become my main carry gun. Does anyone know if there are any fixes to the LC9 trigger? (IE like the Ghost trigger for Glocks or from local gun smiths) I think I would purchase another one if the trigger could be worked on. Other then the trigger I liked the gun a lot.
      My S & W 340 PD has like a 14 pound trigger (according to the articles I've read). It is long an heavy. But I got used to it.

      People seem to be making up their minds after the very first range session. You will adapt over time. Give the gun a chance.

    16. #16
      Cat
      Cat is offline
      Member Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Jacksonville, Fla./ Levittown, PA
      Posts
      473
      Most small pistols trigger are the same, How the spring is in the handle. So the trigger has to be pulled all the way back,Befor it fires off. So the more you uses it,The better it will be come..

      Or take it to a gun smith,And they can help you with the trigger. If you need it to be a light trigger pull...

    17. #17
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Poughkeepsie, NY
      Posts
      1,017
      Dry fire. Study your front sight while doing this. Adjust your finger position until you are happy with the dry firing. You should see an improvement with the very next range session.

      Dry firing allows you to concentrate on your trigger pull without the distractions of those loud banging noises.

    18. #18
      Senior Member recoilguy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      MN
      Posts
      1,311
      Packard that is a great suggestion!

      RCG

    19. #19
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      2
      I have owned a lot of simi autos, but this trigger is the worst! The pull is LONG, HEAVY, and rough. Additionally, I'm having failure to eject and feed problems, even with good ammo. Though I love the size and features, the gun will go if I don't find solutions. Anyone found solutions?

    20. #20
      Senior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      Poughkeepsie, NY
      Posts
      1,017
      Quote Originally Posted by daledoty View Post
      I have owned a lot of simi autos, but this trigger is the worst! The pull is LONG, HEAVY, and rough. Additionally, I'm having failure to eject and feed problems, even with good ammo. Though I love the size and features, the gun will go if I don't find solutions. Anyone found solutions?
      Glock 26. It resolves almost all your complaints.

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Search tags for this page

    can ruger lc9 dry fire
    ,

    can you dry fire a ruger lc9

    ,

    can you dry fire lc9

    ,

    dry fire lc9

    ,

    dry fire ruger lc9

    ,

    dry firing ruger lc9

    ,
    ghost trigger for ruger lc9
    ,

    lc9 dry fire

    ,
    ruger forum
    ,

    ruger lc9 dry fire

    ,

    ruger lc9 trigger won't pull

    ,
    ruger lc9 won't shoot
    Click on a term to search for related topics.