Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Lc9

  1. #1
    buckmaster is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    10

    Lc9

    I just ordered the lc9, Iam told not to expect it till fall.I emailed ruger and they say they are sending out thousands a week and it may take a month or so to get thru the system before i see mine.

  2. #2
    Lateck is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southwest Arizona
    Posts
    182
    I too have one on order at my LGS.
    No delivery date either

    But, I have been reading of a number of people that have taken delivery.
    I really don't think they'll be that long in getting them out.

    Let's hope your LGS is wrong.

    Lateck,

  3. #3
    bigk_54 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    3
    Ordered mine 1 min after I read the release and they called me Saturday to tell me it was in, going tonight to pick up

  4. #4
    EliWolfe is offline Member HGF Gold Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by bigk_54 View Post
    Ordered mine 1 min after I read the release and they called me Saturday to tell me it was in, going tonight to pick up
    Range report!!! I want to know how it compares to the Kahrs.
    Eli

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by EliWolfe View Post
    Range report!!! I want to know how it compares to the Kahrs.
    Eli
    Me too !

    But I don't plan on getting one until its been out six months or so.
    So far, I've only seen two reviews. They were the standard . . .
    "thank you for sending me the gun, and here's your fluff piece praise in return".

  6. #6
    recoilguy's Avatar
    recoilguy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by EliWolfe View Post
    Range report!!! I want to know how it compares to the Kahrs.
    Eli
    It will be very interesting to see how it stacks up against the Kahrs. I want to shoot one to see for myself how it stacks against a Kahr. I am glad you picked a good comparison weapon.

    It appears to be a real nice weapon......The KT loyalist are already crying copy.....nothing would put me off a gun faster then if that were true.

    RCG

  7. #7
    bigk_54 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    3
    Well I got the gun last night, unfortunately too late to shoot, and well I had to work today so can't tell you anything yet lol. I can tell you, that the fell of the gun is WAY better than my LCP! (Now I have a BIG hand, yet loved shooting the LCP even with 3 fingers) Gun feels good in the hand well weighted love the new sights on it! Now I just want to shoot it! Hope there aren't too many recalls on it . Talk to guy and lady where I bought it and they both politely asked if they could handle it, they didn't know they had one in the store yet . I'll let ya know after I shoot a few rounds through it!

  8. #8
    recoilguy's Avatar
    recoilguy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,311
    Why would you think there would be any recalls on this particular gun? I am anxious to hear your opinion of it.

    RCG

  9. #9
    snowdorn is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    10
    Just picked up the lc9 last week (put my name on the list at lgs about 2 weeks ago). Went to the range and put 100 115gr wwb through it. Everything worked as expected. Groupings were a little loose at first but once I got used to it, it tightened up into 4" after first couple of mags. Btw picked up an extra mag the same day as the lc9 (only comes with one. Idiotic!).

    Fit and finish was much better than the pf9's and recoil was more manageable (only have shot the pf9 once). Trigger is long but you get used to it especially if you have revolvers.

    Overall very happy with the little Ruger. Not thrilled with all the safeties but I keep the manual off and will probably remove the mag safety. The LCI is annoying but getting used to it. The LCI does not snag on the leather holsters I am trying out (one of my 1911 pancake holsters is almost a perfect fit).

    Will see how things go but am optimistic and content so far with the purchase.

    Initially was really interested in the Kimber Solo. Saw some questionable reviews so opted for the lc9 with the intent on taking a hard look at the Solo in another year or two.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
    I just ordered the lc9, Iam told not to expect it till fall.I emailed ruger and they say they are sending out thousands a week and it may take a month or so to get thru the system before i see mine.
    Friday after golf I checked with two of my five LGS. Didn't have one, didn't know when.

    Yesterday's paper had a Cabela insert. Front page shows LC9 for $399.99.
    The Phoenix Cabela's is a two hour drive down the mountains.
    I'll pass for now. TV has golf from Florida and NASCAR from Las Vegas. Priorities, you know.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by DanP_from_AZ View Post
    Yesterday's paper had a Cabela insert. Front page shows LC9 for $399.99.
    The Phoenix Cabela's is a two hour drive down the mountains.
    I'll pass for now.
    I didn't hold out for long. I called today and they had 12 in stock. Drove down to get one.
    Came home with a Sig-Sauer P290 First Edition instead. I have a post about my new pocket 9mm in "General Semi-Auto".

    Nothing against the LC9. Just my personal preference, and a totally reckless disregard for my retiree $$$'s.

  12. #12
    Lateck is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southwest Arizona
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by DanP_from_AZ View Post
    called today and they had 12 in stock.
    That just pisses me off!
    I have had one on order at my LGS, who is not just a trailer, for over a month!

    I might have to drive UP to Phoenix......

    Lateck,

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Posts
    518

    Money Talks

    Quote Originally Posted by Lateck View Post
    That just pisses me off!
    I have had one on order at my LGS, who is not just a trailer, for over a month! . . .
    As always, big volume means big money. And big money doesn't just talk, it HOLLERS !

  14. #14
    Mustang-PaPa is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5
    I shot one Sunday and it took a little getting used to. I had taken several Glocks to shoot and had just shot the 19 & 26 quite a bit. The first pull on the LC9 didn't happen the pull was so long I thought that the safety was on or it didn't have a rd chambered. I had to stop and think for a minute and then confirmed mentally that yes a rd was chambered and no the safety wasn't on. I then committed to the long trigger pull. It also had considerable muzzle flip. More then I have seen from anything since shooting my old AMT .380 Back-up but lots worse.
    I have watched several great video's on the LC9 and I think Rugger has a winner. It ate all the different ammo we could did up between the two of use but it did not like the Federal 147gr JHP, it would not feed it. The gun was brand new and this was all in the first 50rds so some more rds through it and it may like the 147gr.
    I understand that the LC9 isn't a range gun and the long trigger pull is actually for me a good thing in that I would CCW it with the safety OFF and the muzzle flip is also understandable as well for such a short compact gun.

    Get'em if you can.

  15. #15
    Tuefelhunden is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    557
    How stiff is that manual safety? Reason I ask is that I would carry with it off as others have mentioned but would worry about it bumping back on accidentally if it is lighly sprung. That would be a bad surprise in a defense situation. Wonder if it is removable. Stupid they put it on a DA only gun with such a long trigger pull but it is what it is. Not a fan of the mag disconnect either but that is easily resolved by removal. Good info guys. Nice to see the LC9 is starting out favorably. I like the lines and was very impressed with the LCP 380.

  16. #16
    bayhawk2 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    S/W Texas
    Posts
    117
    Yep-Ordered my LC9 a few days ago.My Gun guy has his radar out for it.
    Sounds like a great carry gun.I have the LCP and love it.The .380 is a little
    small,however,.so gonna upgrade to the 9 M.M...If it's anything like the LCP
    it's a keeper.

  17. #17
    Mustang-PaPa is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuefelhunden View Post
    How stiff is that manual safety? Reason I ask is that I would carry with it off as others have mentioned but would worry about it bumping back on accidentally if it is lighly sprung. That would be a bad surprise in a defense situation. Wonder if it is removable. Stupid they put it on a DA only gun with such a long trigger pull but it is what it is. Not a fan of the mag disconnect either but that is easily resolved by removal. Good info guys. Nice to see the LC9 is starting out favorably. I like the lines and was very impressed with the LCP 380.
    The safety is stiff and small. I would also carry it with the safety off and feel safe with the LOOOONG trigger pull it has. No real chance off hitting the safety and putting it on.
    Ruger I feel put it on and the other crazy feature's to be able to sell in un-friendly states that have those silly requirements.

  18. #18
    Tuefelhunden is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang-PaPa View Post
    The safety is stiff and small. I would also carry it with the safety off and feel safe with the LOOOONG trigger pull it has. No real chance off hitting the safety and putting it on.
    Ruger I feel put it on and the other crazy feature's to be able to sell in un-friendly states that have those silly requirements.
    Thanks for clarifying. Probably be good to go then.

  19. #19
    buckmaster is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    10
    I got tired of waiting and got the sr9c and iam very happy, shoots great, I will wait till the lc9 is easier to get,

  20. #20
    Lateck is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southwest Arizona
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by buckmaster View Post
    I got tired of waiting and got the sr9c and iam very happy, shoots great, I will wait till the lc9 is easier to get,
    The LC9 is not a lot smaller then the SR9c.
    So YOU got a great gun.... Congrats!

    Have fun and be safe!

    Lateck,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

lc9
,
lc9 chrono
,

lc9 forum

,
lc9 forums
,
lc9 lci
,
reloading for lc9
,
ruger lc9
,
ruger lc9 chronograph
,

ruger lc9 forum

,
ruger lc9 forums
,
ruger lc9 mag disconnect removal
,

ruger lc9 magazine disconnect removal

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1