H&K Tactical .45 range report

    Results 1 to 11 of 11
    1. #1
      Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      1,473

      H&K Tactical .45 range report

      As some know I got my first HK a few weeks ago. So far I am loving it! As expected the gun had 0 failures! Feed excellent! Almost no ramp needed seeing as how it is almost direct from mag to bbl. Gun is super accurate! i love it. I have been shootin my 1911 for years and I shot this gun the first day I got it better than I shoot my 1911. The only pic I have of the target is rapid fire at 50 feet. I know it is not that great. lol I find it funny how I can hit a can from 150+feet but cant keep my rapid fire in a tighter group. lol I will be shooting it again this weekend so I will have to post another report. Here are some pics. Hope you all enjoy!






    2. #2
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,470
      Very nice gun you have there - I have a fullsize 9mm version and a compact 9mm version.


    3. #3
      Member Hal8000's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Royal Gorge, Colorado
      Posts
      531
      Nice gun. Nice shooting!

    4. #4
      Member Vom Kriege's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      336
      Looks good. How is the DA trigger on yours?

    5. #5
      Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      1,473
      Quote Originally Posted by Vom Kriege
      Looks good. How is the DA trigger on yours?
      DA is not to bad. It is heavy but nothing you cant work with. I dont use the DA seeing as how you can have the gun cocked and locked!

    6. #6
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,470
      Yes, I keep both of my USPs cocked and locked

    7. #7
      Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      1,473
      Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
      Yes, I keep both of my USPs cocked and locked
      Thats the way to go :-D

    8. #8
      Member Vom Kriege's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      336
      Quote Originally Posted by -gunut-
      Quote Originally Posted by Vom Kriege
      Looks good. How is the DA trigger on yours?
      DA is not to bad. It is heavy but nothing you cant work with. I dont use the DA seeing as how you can have the gun cocked and locked!
      The DA on all of the USPs that I have tried have all been heavy. A couple where smooth but heavy, but a couple of them had really bad DA triggers. C&L would be the way to go on a CCW, but for a duty weapon that might not be an option.

    9. #9
      Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Oregon
      Posts
      1,473
      Quote Originally Posted by Vom Kriege
      Quote Originally Posted by -gunut-
      Quote Originally Posted by Vom Kriege
      Looks good. How is the DA trigger on yours?
      DA is not to bad. It is heavy but nothing you cant work with. I dont use the DA seeing as how you can have the gun cocked and locked!
      The DA on all of the USPs that I have tried have all been heavy. A couple where smooth but heavy, but a couple of them had really bad DA triggers. C&L would be the way to go on a CCW, but for a duty weapon that might not be an option.
      Yeah it would suck not being able to do cock and lock. The DA pull on the HK feels just like my 92fs's. So it would be kinda the same as carrying a beretta

    10. #10
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,470
      Quote Originally Posted by -gunut-
      The DA pull feels jus tlike my 92fs's
      Exactly. It really is no different than any gun of this design - DA/SA w/ an external hammer. Only the new DAK or LEM triggers, or striker fired pistols will really be different.

      Many of the standard DA/SA has the safety on the slide - so U don't have the option of cocked and locked - that's why I like USP

    11. #11
      Member Hal8000's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Royal Gorge, Colorado
      Posts
      531
      The only DA that I "like" to use out of all of my DA/SA pistols is my Walther P99... It's a joy! My Sigs are little heavy in the DA mode and therefore not as "fun" to shoot in the DA mode. I'll say this though, when I HAD to pull my Sig 226 and shoot, I did not even notice the heavy first trigger pull... All I really remember is that the gun worked! Thank God! In them tight spots muscle memory kicks in and all you care about is that it goes bang... Target shooting is another matter...

      Someday, I'd like to have a H&K! :wink:

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Search tags for this page

    h&k tactical range results
    ,

    h&ktactical.45

    ,
    hk tactical 45 forum
    Click on a term to search for related topics.