What would YOU do? (in my shoes)
I am a newbie to handguns. I have watched what feels like a million Youtube videos trying to decide on my first 9mm handgun purchase. After some waffling, I narrowed it down to two guns - the Glock 19 and XDm 3.8 Compact by Springfield.
I actually drove TWO HOURS to a gun range that rents guns (none in my area) and said they had a Gen 4 G19 AND XDm (although in the full size). I thought this would help me narrow it down. HOWEVER, when I got there this morning they could not find their XDm anywhere. So Icould only shoot the Glock.
I shot about 100 rounds through it and really liked it, particularly to a Smith M&P I shot as well. I had been leaning towards the XDm prior to the trip but now I am totally torn. Do I go ahead and get the Glock19 since I liked it when I shot it or do I go ahead toward the XDm because it feels good in my hand and I like its looks slightly better (but haven't shot it so can't say for sure)??
I can't decide what to do and was going to get a gun Wednesday.
BTW, while I was there, I also shot a Wilson CQB 1911 (about a $4,000 gun) for kicks. Out of 200 rounds total, it was the only gun that had a FTF! Ha ha! Gun range guy said it had not been cleaned in forever.
So what should I do? Convince me one way or the other. TIA
BTW - as far as details. This is what I like about the Glock 19:
1. It just seems to feel right when I pick it up (not necessarily the grip specifically but overall size and weight)
2. It IS a Glock - very reliable, durable, dependable, etc
3. Lots of Glock accessories out there and easier to find someone to work on them locally
4. I really liked shooting it at the range
And the Xdm:
1. I prefer the more modern, aggressive look over the plain jane Glock slightly
2. The gun WITH THE EXTENSION feels great ergonomically in the grip. (Without the extension I preferred the grip on the Glock)
3. The match grade barrel seems like an upgrade to the Glock.
4. I like the rear safety idea.
5. Seems easier to conceal (if I decide to do that down the road) with the flush mag.
6. For $64 dollars, it comes in a nicer case with a holster and mag belt holder.
7. People KEEP talking about the spring fail on the Gen 4 Glock. I have seen nothing like that on the XDm.