The Ohio Project and the Health Care Freedom Amendment
The Ohio Liberty Council http://www.ohiolibertycouncil.org/?p=2017 and the 1851 Center for Constitutional Law http://www.ohioconstitution.org/ have joined together to produce the Health Care Freedom Amendment which will provide Ohioans the freedom and liberties they deserve.
We are asking that if you are interested in signing the petition to go to The Ohio Project http://theohioproject.com/ and register.
The amendment provides that, in Ohio:
* No law or rule shall compel, directly or indirectly, any person, employer, or health care provider to participate in a health care system
* No law or rule shall prohibit the purchase or sale of health care or health insurance
* No law or rule shall impose a penalty or fine for the sale or purchase of health care or health insurance
The amendment does not:
* Affect laws or rules in effect as of March 19, 2010
* Affect services a health care provider or hospital is required to perform or provide
* Affect terms and conditions of government employment
* Affect any laws calculated to deter fraud or punish wrongdoing in the health care industry
What does it mean to register? We have a short time to get the signatures necessary to place the Amendment on the ballot so by preregistering we have an idea of how many people are willing to sign the petition and we will be in contact with you by e-mail when the petitions are in circulation and where you can go to sign them.
Great news. The progressives were put down today.
That means we will be out in force in the coming days to collect signatures.
The Ohio Supreme Court today unanimously ruled Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner and the Ohio Ballot Board abused their discretion and violated Ohio law in rejecting ballot language for the proposed Ohio Health Care Freedom Constitutional Amendment.
Please get the word out - we need 500,000 signatures to get this thing going.