I'm looking for a very specific defense/competition pistol
I'm relatively new to this board but figured this would be a great place to ask for advice. Today I have a Sig P238 and Glock 23 for carry. I also have an insight M3 light which I attach to my Glock for night time home defense.
I'd like to add a 3rd pistol to my arsenal to fill the 'home defense' role. I've also considered getting into competition shooting so I'd like a pistol that would make a good competitor in addition to home defense.
Here are my criteria:
1) Caliber preference is .40 because I already stock a ton. Secondary preference would be 9mm, third .45
2) Higher capacity desired (10 or more)
3) SAO desired. DA/SA acceptable
4) Fit and Finish; I'm looking for a show piece gun. Some stainless accents, wood grips
5) Tactical rail required for mounting light
1) 1911: It seems most maker only have 1 or 2 models that have a rail. But definitely an option.
2) Sig P229 or P226: There is a sweet Elite Stainless model that has my eye. Very wide guns though. My hands are small
3) Sig P226 X-Five Tactical: SAO 226. Not quite as pretty as I'd like for this particular piece. Also extremely pricey
Thanks for reading,