help me decide on an intelligent handgun purchase
i have been thinking about getting a new handgun for a while. I have 1 handgun now and it is a
Taurus PT-111 pro, it has worked very reliably for 6000 shots.
i am fairly sure that i would like to get another 9mm for a couple reasons, please give me your input on this:
1. If i generally go to the range every couple weeks or so and use 200 regular 9mm rounds i am spending around $70 when factoring in the 15 mile drive and $10 drop in fee. i would assume that a .40 or a .45 is going to cost alot more to shoot?
2. then in the .001% chance that i am in a situation where i need to shoot someone in self defenes i heard that something like a .45 (when using hollow point of course) isnt going to make tons of difference in being able to actually cause damage to soft tissue and wound an attacker.
Because im not super knowledgable please give me some reasons that i might want to consider a caliber higher than 9mm.
But anyways heres a couple points im looking at when making this purchase
1. My pt-111 is compact and has a 3in barrel. i would like something larger with a bigger hand grip and a longer barrel, something more suited for target shooting.
2. i want something with AT LEAST a 12 round mag
3. Relatively light trigger pull, something similar to the pt-111 or lighter
4. easy to accessorize (sights, grips, maybe laser ect if i really want)
5. simple. i want something with a switch saftey and thats it, i dont want tons of saftey trigger saftey, palm saftey ect.
6. oh and most importantly, $650 or less. Im willing to go over that by a little bit if a certain gun is just an awsome deal to get but definitely not touching $900-1000
that or maybe tell me what handguns you have and why you got them