226 can it be converted from 9mm to .40?
Hello, I am new to handguns and this forum. I have been reading about handguns and have been to the range several times shooting different semi's. At my local range they have a 226 in 9mm, glocks in everything and a few xd's. The sig feels best in my hand and I shot it the best, however i was not sure if it was the sig or the fact it was 9mm.
I have a few questions based on that I live in southern california.
1. Can the 226 be easily switched from 9mm to .40 or do i buy the 40 and convert 9mm?
2. I love the dovetail on the elite or x five, can I put one on my 226? (damn california laws)
3. I hear great things about the 229, however wont this be less accurate for the beginner becuase it is a compact?
4. Is there any guns i should look into that have a similar price range?
5. Should i buy a tactical set-up or stock? what are the advantages?
6. Any upgrades that are very beneficial out of the box?
7. What about finishes i like the black look but does it rust?
Thanks for helping this noob.