Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Gift Handgun

  1. #1
    skawalker35 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012

    Gift Handgun

    I received a handgun from my dad as a gift. He purchased it in Arizona and gave it to me in Oregon where I live. What do I need to do to legally possess this gun? Must I have it registered to me? Is there anything I need to do for transfer of ownership? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Steve M1911A1's Avatar
    Steve M1911A1 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Northwest Washington State
    Every state places all of its laws on its own website, indexed by topic.
    Do a little easy research, and have fun finding the answer to your question.
    You will be amazed at all of the useful stuff you'll learn in the process.

    While you're at it, you might also look at the applicable federal laws.
    For that, try the BATFE's website.

  3. #3
    Jrags is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    As Steve said each State has it's own firearm laws so you will need to check with State and Local laws in Oregon. Here in TX I would not need to do anything except buy some ammo for it.

  4. #4
    TedDeBearFrmHell's Avatar
    TedDeBearFrmHell is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    here in oregon you need not do anything.... there is no state mandated registration. just enjoy your gun

Remove Ads


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

oregon gift handgun

oregon gift handgun law
oregon handgun law gift
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0