Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37

    OK Pink guns WHY???

    Why do manufactures feel the need to make pink guns they are not cute not supposed to be.
    I know there going toward women but really I am a woman and I wouldn't carry a pink gun if my life depended on it.
    I like my basic black and maybe Stainless.
    Guns are made for one reason only to put holes in things Target Animal or Human.
    It shouldn't have to match your outfit or Purse.
    I went to a Gun Shop today and the Guy behind the counter showed me a pink 45 he thought it be perfect.
    I told him very quickly you better learn to read customers better just because I am a women doesn't mean I like pink or purple guns.

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    Cait43's Avatar
    Cait43 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    West Allis, Wisconsin
    Posts
    653
    It's all about money........

  4. #3
    ponzer04's Avatar
    ponzer04 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    409
    My wife traded her black lcp for the rasberry lcp. It is obnoxious when my wife is looking at guns and the pink one is barffed in her face.

  5. #4
    ponzer04's Avatar
    ponzer04 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    409
    also my aunt who is a purple fanatic decided on the purple lcp because of color??? so I worked for her, ruger sold a gun and she actually carries it.

  6. #5
    1jimmy's Avatar
    1jimmy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    se mass
    Posts
    236
    i hear you fireblade and point well taken. however it has been my expeience to see many female look and/or purchase guns with the color in mind.

  7. #6
    ponzer04's Avatar
    ponzer04 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    409
    I really like color options, I think it is fun. I don't like the your a chick here is a pink gun for you mentality of a lot of gun shops.


  8. #7
    Bobv's Avatar
    Bobv is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Edgar springs Mo.
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by FIREBLADE View Post
    Why do manufactures feel the need to make pink guns they are not cute not supposed to be.
    I know there going toward women but really I am a woman and I wouldn't carry a pink gun if my life depended on it.
    I like my basic black and maybe Stainless.
    Guns are made for one reason only to put holes in things Target Animal or Human.
    It shouldn't have to match your outfit or Purse.
    I went to a Gun Shop today and the Guy behind the counter showed me a pink 45 he thought it be perfect.
    I told him very quickly you better learn to read customers better just because I am a women doesn't mean I like pink or purple guns.
    the Same reason they started making all the girly colors On Harley Davidson and girly HD Models also. sales, sales, sales!

  9. #8
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jimmy View Post
    i hear you fireblade and point well taken. however it has been my expeience to see many female look and/or purchase guns with the color in mind.
    Oh trust me I know and its sad that sometimes that is the deciding factor not if you can handle the gun or know how to use it but it's pretty.
    Again and before I get women pissed off at me I picked a couple of my guns because I liked the finish but it was nickel or stainless nothing pink purple or any other funky color.
    I worked in a gun shop for a while we had to stock pink Guns to draw the wife's in sad really.

  10. #9
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobv View Post
    the Same reason they started making all the girly colors On Harley Davidson and girly HD Models also. sales, sales, sales!
    Yah they did make some of them female friendly so to speak.
    I just don't like the Idea as a women that that is how manufacturers look at me it isn't about function its about color or Automatic tranny's on bikes.
    I for one will go the opposite direction you try to sell me my bike in an Automatic I am going to laugh in your face and walk away.
    You show me a pink gun as an option because I am a women and must like that I will get really irritated.

  11. #10
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by ponzer04 View Post
    I really like color options, I think it is fun. I don't like the your a chick here is a pink gun for you mentality of a lot of gun shops.

    That is one of my Points.
    I just look at stores and you find little 38 cal or maybe 25 22 and sometimes a 40 in some weird color anything they feel a women would like.
    So how about some 45 44 357 in pink maybe female cops would prefer pink guns.
    It just is a sore spot for me again some things are just not meant to be cute.

  12. #11
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    I just feel like it should be about function and store owners and clerks should remember just because I am a women doesn't mean I am shopping for pink or just small caliber especially me lol.

  13. #12
    ponzer04's Avatar
    ponzer04 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    409
    you don't have to buy the colored gun! my cousin (a male) would buy a lime green gun over any black one. color works on some people.

    It sounds like yo have been offered one two many pink revolvers

  14. #13
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by ponzer04 View Post
    you don't have to buy the colored gun! my cousin (a male) would buy a lime green gun over any black one. color works on some people.

    It sounds like yo have been offered one two many pink revolvers
    Being offered 1 pink one is over my limit and yes your right I don't have too buy one and I won't. I just don't like when people assume that's what I will like because I am a woman I have to like pink or purple.

  15. #14
    ponzer04's Avatar
    ponzer04 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    409
    I agree with that statement... I wish there where more attempt to lure both genders with colors

  16. #15
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by ponzer04 View Post
    I agree with that statement... I wish there where more attempt to lure both genders with colors
    Yah well maybe

  17. #16
    desertman is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    421
    FIREBLADE:
    "I know there going toward women but really I am a woman and I wouldn't carry a pink gun if my life depended on it."
    Both my wife and I agree with you, she wants it to look as menacing as possible., one that means business.

  18. #17
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by desertman View Post
    FIREBLADE:


    Boh my wife and I agree with you, she wants it to look as menacing as possible., one that means business.

    I agree which is the reason for my Desert Eagle and they don't come in pink yet.
    I don't want them to fall over laughing thinking I took barbies gun.

  19. #18
    Survivor's Avatar
    Survivor is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    lvnv
    Posts
    34
    Adding new seat covers to your vehicle won't add another 30,000 miles to the engine.
    Fireblade is right - function over fashion.

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    433
    Hmmmm... Here's my crazy, quick answer: because people BUY them.

  21. #20
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityChief View Post
    Hmmmm... Here's my crazy, quick answer: because people BUY them.

    Yes they do but Guns should not be made to match your outfit or your nails it's a gun.
    Pink belongs on pellet guns at best.

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by FIREBLADE View Post
    Yes they do but Guns should not be made to match your outfit or your nails it's a gun.
    Pink belongs on pellet guns at best.
    I actually believe pink belongs on NO GUN OF ANY KIND FWIW.

  23. #22
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    I agree with that 100%

  24. #23
    drafter is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    30
    I disagree with anyone that thinks pink or purple guns don't have a place......so for anyone that missed the memo,,,,,,, PINK GUNS ARE MANUFACTURED FOR THOSE GIRLY GIRLS THAT ARE AFRAID OF GUNS...... The pink color is proven to make the gun less menacing, ergo tempting "gun afraid" women to handle them and learn to shoot. For crying out loud, they were NOT made to match any woman's attire.

    Fireblade, if you're "offended" that a gun store worker offered you a pink gun, would you also be offended if he pointed out which restroom had the toilet in it, not just a urinal? Not all women are as tough as you. My wife for one. But for the record, her favorite gun to shoot is a black .45 Sig, but a pink 1 wouldn't make a difference to her at all.

  25. #24
    FIREBLADE's Avatar
    FIREBLADE is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Wen Wa
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by drafter View Post
    I disagree with anyone that thinks pink or purple guns don't have a place......so for anyone that missed the memo,,,,,,, PINK GUNS ARE MANUFACTURED FOR THOSE GIRLY GIRLS THAT ARE AFRAID OF GUNS...... The pink color is proven to make the gun less menacing, ergo tempting "gun afraid" women to handle them and learn to shoot. For crying out loud, they were NOT made to match any woman's attire.

    Fireblade, if you're "offended" that a gun store worker offered you a pink gun, would you also be offended if he pointed out which restroom had the toilet in it, not just a urinal? Not all women are as tough as you. My wife for one. But for the record, her favorite gun to shoot is a black .45 Sig, but a pink 1 wouldn't make a difference to her at all.
    It has nothing to do with tough by the way I see the reaction some women have toward pink guns and I say some women.
    Oh its quit that should never be a reaction to any gun.
    And if your afraid of guns than stay away the color isn't going to change what it does but I have a hard time taking anything serious that comes in pink.
    And not because I figure a pink gun won't do the damage but because pink is a sissy color and to me it always will be.
    So you can get ticked off at me for what I said but there is a reason bad guy's are never dressed in pink.

  26. #25
    drafter is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    30
    And if your afraid of guns than stay away the color isn't going to change what it does but I have a hard time taking anything serious that comes in pink.

    So you don't take a pink gun serious? OK.
    By the way, your rant is very difficult to read, please DO take punctuation and spelling serious, unless they're written in PINK !!!

    If it takes a PINK gun to get a woman that isn't as "tough" as you to get into shooting, so be it !!!! Who are you to judge? I have an idea of "what" you are but I digress.
    You'll probably take offense at this, if so, just go get your manly black gun and go shoot some pink targets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

1911forum pink

,

pink rascal 22

,

why do they make pink guns

Click on a term to search for related topics.