Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: State Fair

  1. #1
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0

    State Fair

    Who's going? I've only been here in NC for 2 years and have never gone, but we're having friends visit and thought we'd go this year. Anything worth seeing and doing besides trying deep fried everything?

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    Natureboypkr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    54

    state fair

    i will be there

  4. #3
    SAS MAYHEM's Avatar
    SAS MAYHEM is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mount NC
    Posts
    150
    I'll be there with my family in tow. First time going to a state fair.

  5. #4
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS MAYHEM View Post
    I'll be there with my family in tow. First time going to a state fair.
    Good to know I won't be the only "rookie".

  6. #5
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    I've gone to every one in the past six years. Just walk around. Head towards some of the buildings in the back that no one ever goes to normally, you can find some cool things going on. But I'll be there Friday and I believe again on Sunday. Going with mom on Friday, dad will be in tow on Sunday.

  7. #6
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    P.S. Don't wear sandals, especially if you are going anywhere near the food area. Your feet will be stepped on. Repeatedly.

  8. #7
    spacedoggy's Avatar
    spacedoggy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,220
    I'll never go to another one ever again. I joined the Cow Pie throwing contest and I miss read the dam thing and thought it was a pie eating contest. After ten years still have that taste in my mouth.

    Ya all have fun now ya hear

  9. #8
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckLead View Post
    P.S. Don't wear sandals, especially if you are going anywhere near the food area. Your feet will be stepped on. Repeatedly.
    Good advice. Isn't the whole thing one big food area?

    Quote Originally Posted by spacedoggy View Post
    I'll never go to another one ever again. I joined the Cow Pie throwing contest and I miss read the dam thing and thought it was a pie eating contest. After ten years still have that taste in my mouth.

  10. #9
    VegasEgo's Avatar
    VegasEgo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    City of Buffets and Stripclubs
    Posts
    167
    haha that was great.... pie throwing and pie eating.... man that made my drunk ass laugh....

  11. #10
    FallGuy's Avatar
    FallGuy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    189
    The NC State fair is a good time. I have not been in several years (I am sure it has not changed much) but there are a lot of interesting things to see and do. Be sure to grab a roasted corn on the cob dipped in butter! They are delicious! You will also be amused by the people that attend. They really come out of the wood work.

  12. #11
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FallGuy View Post
    You will also be amused by the people that attend. They really come out of the wood work.
    Frankly, I'm a little scared about that.

  13. #12
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    Yeah, it sort of it a big food area, but some areas more than others. You'll see what I mean.

    And yeah... bring your nose plugs and deep breathing excersises. People are fun to watch, but some you just want to go upside their heads.

    BTW: you'll want to get some ice cream made by tractor motors and some apple cider too. Usually in the same area. Just to say you did.

  14. #13
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckLead View Post
    Yeah, it sort of it a big food area, but some areas more than others. You'll see what I mean.

    And yeah... bring your nose plugs and deep breathing exercises. People are fun to watch, but some you just want to go upside their heads.

    BTW: you'll want to get some ice cream made by tractor motors and some apple cider too. Usually in the same area. Just to say you did.
    I'm starting to have second thoughts about going now.

  15. #14
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    Nah! I went today, it looks pretty good. Prices are definetly up from last year, but it's manageable. If you start to feel flustered, head over to the turkey shoot. Putting some 20 gauge down range will help a lot!

  16. #15
    tony pasley's Avatar
    tony pasley is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    clyde n.c.
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckLead View Post
    Nah! I went today, it looks pretty good. Prices are definetly up from last year, but it's manageable. If you start to feel flustered, head over to the turkey shoot. Putting some 20 gauge down range will help a lot!
    Do they restrick you to paper turkeys or can you pick your target turkeys?

  17. #16
    SuckLead's Avatar
    SuckLead is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by tony pasley View Post
    Do they restrick you to paper turkeys or can you pick your target turkeys?
    No actual turkey. Just a bullseye target. But you can win a turkey. A frozen one.

  18. #17
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Well I went yesterday. Whooooooo. Two words: Freak Show.

    It was an interesting experience. Can't say I'll be going back any time soon. I did get to take my oldest inside a Bradly though at the National Guard exhibit.

  19. #18
    SAS MAYHEM's Avatar
    SAS MAYHEM is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rocky Mount NC
    Posts
    150
    We finally made it there yesterday, got there at 10ish in the AM and left at 10ish at night. Loooooong day, but it was worth it for the kids..... my wallet is still bruised. LOL

  20. #19
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS MAYHEM View Post
    ...my wallet is still bruised. LOL
    You got that right!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •