i am from upstate ny and so far think if cuomo is sending a message to all ny gun owners its time everybody boycotts hunting in ny. he wont have the fees & $ associated with it no more to steal from. the new laws are going to make anyone with a pistol apply every 5 years to see if they approve of you..insane. i own a few properties in the state and as soon as i can sell i am going south unless we can get these laws changed. i shoot on a league and so far am getting alot of support. its time to stand up to him..
If you think your pissed now, look at what they originally proposed.. Oh and make sure to watch the short clip.. Very telling.. They know it would damage their agenda of disarming the people if this gets out mainstream.
1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
2. Confiscation of ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be made public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons
I'm a NYer and pro-RKBA Nyers are doing alot to fight this but it is, frankly, a nearly impossible task. The best hope is a legal assault to beat it back. The essence of the problem for you upstaters is that you are attached to the communist hivemind downstate here where I live. You will have declining prosperity and decreasing liberty until the end of your days unless you separate from NYC and environs.
I know Pic and Go NYG have responded yes, but Bobny, have you signed Kathy Marciones petition? Joined NYSRPA? contacted Jim ?? In Buffalo area who is also looking at class action lawsuit? Let your reps know what you think of this new law ( I am lucky, both Kathy and Steve McLaughlin are my reps, and yes they know how I feel on this issue.)?
Are you willing to actively campaign against those who voted for this, and the bully Cuomo?
Moving will be an absolute last resort for me. But I not sitting back and just waiting on this either.
If you are on FB, we have a good amount of info on a group called Keep Your Second Amendment Rights. Check it out. Give you username here to the admins to join if you wish
The laws suck. We need to fight these bullies who are supposed to represent us.
well so far last saturday i went to the protest at the capital but it was pretty mellow which showed its a done deal. this saturday there is a gun show at the state concourse which sounds great except the governer gets the proceds from it & the $ to park so i might skip it for those reasons, plus the saturday before we went to the saratoga show which had the biggest turnout since they started it. i did sign kathy marchones list & had any one i no sign it. well if it gets to bad i have a florida permitt so i guess i can always leave. i still have 3 years for retirment so i will still have to keep one house in the state at least my wife is on board if we go...
Good. I was at the Capitol Sat too. A very good turn out actually.
3 years then out if you need, good for you. I have a few more years till any chance of retirement, so if I leave items a good job first. But I will fight this bully SOB first.