Finally 21! Looking to purchase first pistol.

    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Posts
      1

      Finally 21! Looking to purchase first pistol.

      I am looking to purchase my first pistol. Looking for good suggestions. I know I want something with bigger then a 9mm. I will use it when I bow hunt for protection against bear/cats as well as personal protection as I am about to enroll for Concealed Weapons class. Just seeing what people have and what they think? Thanks

    2. #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      1,366
      You'll need 2 firearms...........one for bear/cats, and one for conceal carry................pretty hard to find one that will accomplish both situations.

    3. #3
      Member FloridaGuy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Tampa,Florida
      Posts
      127
      For the bear/cats I would take my 44 Magnum (S&W Model 629 4"barel)........... For concealed carry I have a Ruger SP101 .357 Magnum with 3"inch barel.

    4. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Posts
      751
      Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
      You'll need 2 firearms...........one for bear/cats, and one for conceal carry................pretty hard to find one that will accomplish both situations.
      Haha, a Glock 29sf (10mm) will accomplish both goals

      I had a G30sf (.45 version of the 29sf) and they are awesome guns!!!!

    5. #5
      Senior Member Steve M1911A1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      Northwest Washington State
      Posts
      7,468
      Quote Originally Posted by elkhunter108 View Post
      I am looking to purchase my first pistol. Looking for good suggestions. I know I want something with bigger then a 9mm. I will use it when I bow hunt for protection against bear/cats as well as personal protection as I am about to enroll for Concealed Weapons class. Just seeing what people have and what they think? Thanks
      I strongly suggest that you use the forum's search function, looking for "new gun" and "first gun" topics, as well as topics relating to your own preferred choices.
      All of this has been discussed at length before, here, and it's silly to want to reinvent the wheel without a little preparation.

      Note, also, that the 9mm is probably completely inadequate against bears—unless your desire is only to make the bear angry, as well as hungry.

    6. #6
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      1,366
      Good luck being accurate with a bear charging.......
      Quote Originally Posted by jakeleinen1 View Post
      Haha, a Glock 29sf (10mm) will accomplish both goals

      I had a G30sf (.45 version of the 29sf) and they are awesome guns!!!!

    7. #7
      Senior Member chessail77's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      White Mtns. in AZ
      Posts
      1,349
      Not sure you can drop a full grown enraged bear with a 10 mm or .45 but if it works be sure and bring a change of underwear along

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •