Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    ak49 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9

    M&p, fnp, or p99

    So I can't decide on my next purchase. What's your guys opinion? S&w m&p, fn fnp, or walther p99. Looking toward .40 but maybe even 9mm.

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    JetMech737's Avatar
    JetMech737 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, Indiana
    Posts
    9

    P99

    I can say that the P99 feels more natural in my hand than any of the ones you mentioned. I am in the same boat. Making a purchase in about 3weeks, and contemplating a few...looking hard at the P99 QA trigger.

  4. #3
    JetMech737's Avatar
    JetMech737 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, Indiana
    Posts
    9
    I do know the fn fnp is a fairly large handgun in the 45 at least...dont know if you are concealing or not, but maybe something to think about. You should check out the FN forum here...lots of FN's out there...good feedback.

  5. #4
    PhilR. is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    982
    Walther all the way. Not that it's better than the others (well, maybe it is) - I just like Walthers a whole lot...

    PhilR.

  6. #5
    cruzthepug's Avatar
    cruzthepug is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    347
    Just got a FNP-9 and I've got about 100 rounds through it so far. Very accurate and well balanced. So far I really like

  7. #6
    banjar's Avatar
    banjar is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    603
    I would choose the one that feels the best in my hands. Shoot them if you can then decide. There are guns that I really want but they just don't feel right.

  8. #7
    ak49 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9
    Thanks for your thoughts guys. I agree with u banjar, but it's still a hard choice. I like the feel of all 3 of them. But the m&p feels the best, I really like the p99AS with the da/sa. But im a big fan of external hammers and thumb safetys and two tone of the fnp. Although the two tone isn't so important. All 3 are very accurate, reliable, good lookin. It's just a hard choice

  9. #8
    cruzthepug's Avatar
    cruzthepug is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by ak49 View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts guys. I agree with u banjar, but it's still a hard choice. I like the feel of all 3 of them. But the m&p feels the best, I really like the p99AS with the da/sa. But im a big fan of external hammers and thumb safetys and two tone of the fnp. Although the two tone isn't so important. All 3 are very accurate, reliable, good lookin. It's just a hard choice
    It looks like you decided on the FN, good choice . What was the deciding factor that made you select it over the other two on your list?

  10. #9
    JeffWard's Avatar
    JeffWard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    St Pete Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,932
    I'm on my second M&P in as many months...

    Sold my XDs...

    GREAT guns.

    JW

  11. #10
    hideit's Avatar
    hideit is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west chester ohio
    Posts
    1,498
    since i don't own any...
    from what i have read and studied i would go with the FNP
    it seems to me to be the latest design and has features that no other pistol has
    by that i mean the external hammer and thumb safety's on both sides, ambi mag release, and it was demonstrated to me at the LGS how simple it is to take down. no trigger pull reqd. this is really a well thought out system which i am not surprised coming from FN

  12. #11
    ak49 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzthepug View Post
    It looks like you decided on the FN, good choice . What was the deciding factor that made you select it over the other two on your list?
    Well there were a few. Like I said I love the ext hammer/ decocker and da/sa. Liked the two tone matte stainless finish.. Alot. And the trigger is just soo nice even brand new. Haven't got a chance to fire it yet but I'm pretty positive that will not regret my pick. However I did screw my self over, cuz starting TOMARROW fnh is doing another shooters pack promo... Two days to early

  13. #12
    cruzthepug's Avatar
    cruzthepug is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by ak49 View Post
    Well there were a few. Like I said I love the ext hammer/ decocker and da/sa. Liked the two tone matte stainless finish.. Alot. And the trigger is just soo nice even brand new. Haven't got a chance to fire it yet but I'm pretty positive that will not regret my pick. However I did screw my self over, cuz starting TOMARROW fnh is doing another shooters pack promo... Two days to early
    May be time to get the FNP45

  14. #13
    MattB is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Herndon, VA
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by hideit View Post
    since i don't own any...
    from what i have read and studied i would go with the FNP
    it seems to me to be the latest design and has features that no other pistol has
    by that i mean the external hammer and thumb safety's on both sides, ambi mag release, and it was demonstrated to me at the LGS how simple it is to take down. no trigger pull reqd. this is really a well thought out system which i am not surprised coming from FN
    IIRC the M&P is a more recent design than the FNP, but if you like a polymer TDA pistol with an external hammer the FNP is what you want. You might also look at a Sig SP2022, also a TDA pistol with an external hammer and an excellent trigger pull.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

compare fnpvs m&p vs walther
,
fn .40 vs m p 40
,
fn fnp-45 vs walther p99
,
fnp 45 vs p99 .40
,

fnp vs m&p

,
fnp vs m&p 9mm
,

fnp vs p99

,

m&p vs fnp

,
m&p vs walther p99
,
p99 40 vs m&p 40
,

p99 vs fnp

,

p99 vs m&p

,
p99 vs. m&p
,
s&w m&p 9 vs p99 ambidextrious
,
walter p99 or fnp9
,
walther p99 m and p
,
walther p99 vs fnp-40
,
walther p99 vs m&p
,
walther vs fnh
Click on a term to search for related topics.