Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Love New PF9

  1. #1
    KGiles is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1

    Smile Love New PF9

    Just got a chance to run some rounds through my new PF9. Very pleased! I was hoping it would impress me enough to become my new EDC. It cycled everything I threw at it today. Even 125gr LRN reloads. I was a little apprehensive because of all the negative feedback on other forums, but it was a sweeeeeet surprise. Now to work up a load that it really likes.
    BTW, I'm obviously new to this forum. I look forward to absorbing all the knowledge I can.

  2. Ads
  3. #2
    berettatoter's Avatar
    berettatoter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by KGiles View Post
    Just got a chance to run some rounds through my new PF9. Very pleased! I was hoping it would impress me enough to become my new EDC. It cycled everything I threw at it today. Even 125gr LRN reloads. I was a little apprehensive because of all the negative feedback on other forums, but it was a sweeeeeet surprise. Now to work up a load that it really likes.
    BTW, I'm obviously new to this forum. I look forward to absorbing all the knowledge I can.
    Hello! Welcome to the forum. I had a PF-9, but traded it off on the P-11. Nothing wrong with the PF-9, just my hands are large and the smaller grip was beating me to death. My P-11 has done well for me and am using it as my EDC lately. I will trade off between that or my Beretta Nano. Hope you little PF-9 runs good for you!

  4. #3
    Huskybiker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Akron, Ohio
    Posts
    20
    Had 2 PF9's. The blued one ran 100%, but the bluing started wearing off very quickly. I sold it and bought a Parkerized model. I never could get that one to run reliably after about 5 mags. Seemed like the extractor spring was losing it's tension as it warmed up. I replaced the spring and still had the same problem. First 4 - 5 mags, perfect. After that the FTE's would get more common with each mag fired. I sold it (with full disclosure) and bought a M&P9C. It is an awesome gun to carry for a few hours, but I found it too heavy to lug around all day. I added a Shield 9, and it is as perfect a carry gun as you can get. it reminds me of the PF9, because you almost forget you carrying it. I'll probably buy another PF9, someday (preferably in HC).

  5. #4
    jamesinator is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    I recently picked one of these little guns up, and absolutely love it. Only about 50 rounds in, but no type of failure to this point. The gun is comfortable, sturdy, and I'm confident with it, and that's most of what matters!

  6. #5
    berettatoter's Avatar
    berettatoter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesinator View Post
    I recently picked one of these little guns up, and absolutely love it. Only about 50 rounds in, but no type of failure to this point. The gun is comfortable, sturdy, and I'm confident with it, and that's most of what matters!
    Congrats! Like I said earlier, I had no issues with the PF-9 I had other than it hurt my large hands due to not enough grip area. I and the wife went shooting this morning after church, and she shot her SR22, and I shot my BU9 and P-11. We had a good time and the P-11 shot well. Good luck with your PF-9 and happy shooting!

  7. #6
    bushrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stillwater, OK
    Posts
    14
    Welcome to the site. I love my PF-9, reliable and well made, but had to get the magazine extensions for a good grip. Never had any ftf or fte after about 200 rounds through it. My carry ammo is the Federal Personal Defense 9mm 115gr JHP.

  8. #7
    Stengun is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Posts
    25
    Howdy,

    I too love my PF-9.

    I've had it for almost 3 years and have fired +500 rounds without a hiccup.

    I use either a Rem. 115gr JHP or Win. 147gr JHP with a spare mag of NATO spec 124gr JSP.

    I carry it in a leather belt slide holster OWB at 3:00.

    My EDC is a Glock 23 but sometimes when I wear shorts and a t-shirt my G23 is a little too big so I break out the PF-9.

    Paul

  9. #8
    berettatoter's Avatar
    berettatoter is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Stengun View Post
    Howdy,

    I too love my PF-9.

    I've had it for almost 3 years and have fired +500 rounds without a hiccup.

    I use either a Rem. 115gr JHP or Win. 147gr JHP with a spare mag of NATO spec 124gr JSP.

    I carry it in a leather belt slide holster OWB at 3:00.

    My EDC is a Glock 23 but sometimes when I wear shorts and a t-shirt my G23 is a little too big so I break out the PF-9.

    Paul
    Your lucky. My P-11 will eat anything EXCEPT 147's. Frustrating!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

new pf9

Click on a term to search for related topics.