pocket holster for the P-3AT

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 25
    1. #1
      Junior Member tabbieeater's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Posts
      1

      pocket holster for the P-3AT



      This is a new pocket holster i purchased. It has never come out of my pocket when i draw my kel tec. It's really thin but it works.I got it from www.bustertoe.com It's not made by the big boys but It works and it not Priced as high as Desantis or Galco. It was not a bad holster for 25 bucks.

    2. #2
      Junior Member XD_Hokie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      SW Virginia
      Posts
      46

      Thumbs up Pocket Holster for P-3AT or P32 that is awesome!!

      This is a little pocket holster I picked up at my local gun shop. Never seen anything like it before. This looks just like a wallet in my front pocket and unlike the claim by other holsters of staying in the pocket and allowing the gun to come out, it comes out every time with the gun and the gun still fires. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate a laser into the holster, but I love it!

      The "Holdster"
      http://artofthehide.com/

      Last edited by XD_Hokie; 01-02-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Add Link

    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Posts
      535

    4. #4
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,478
      Quote Originally Posted by XD_Hokie View Post
      This is a little pocket holster I picked up at my local gun shop. Never seen anything like it before. This looks just like a wallet in my front pocket and unlike the claim by other holsters of staying in the pocket and allowing the gun to come out, it comes out every time with the gun and the gun still fires. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate a laser into the holster, but I love it!

      The "Holdster"
      http://artofthehide.com/

      I believe that unless that is an older holster - it is illegal to have a pocket/wallet holster that allows you to shoot the gun w/o removing the gun from the holster. I think ya gotta pay that $5 fee and submit the required ATF paperwork to have permission to have that..

      At least that is what I read on another forum a year or 2 ago...

    5. #5
      Senior Member Baldy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Port St.John,FL.
      Posts
      6,740
      I use a Don Hume holster for my 3AT.
      http://www.donhume.com/Products/Prod...m?ProductID=31

    6. #6
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      Shipwreck is correct. A pocket holster with a gun in it that allows the gun to fire while still in the holster is considered an AOW ("Any Other Weapon") by BATFE and subject to the same rules as other Class III weapons. Even simple possession of the holster and a gun that will fit it, even if they are not actually physically connected, is likely enough to run the owner afoul of the BATFE.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    7. #7
      Junior Member XD_Hokie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      SW Virginia
      Posts
      46
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike Barham View Post
      Shipwreck is correct. A pocket holster with a gun in it that allows the gun to fire while still in the holster is considered an AOW ("Any Other Weapon") by BATFE and subject to the same rules as other Class III weapons. Even simple possession of the holster and a gun that will fit it, even if they are not actually physically connected, is likely enough to run the owner afoul of the BATFE.
      I had my concerns about the "Holdster" in this regard and this is what their web page states. http://artofthehide.com/

      The Holdster and the ATF

      The Holdster came to be out of simple frustration.
      I wanted a holster for my new (at the time) Kel-Tec
      P-32 and there were none to be found! I found
      several that would "work in a pinch" but none that
      were made for or fitted to the gun.
      So off to my shop I went and out came the
      Holdster. However, the very first FFL dealer I
      showed it to told me the story of the "forbidden"
      wallet holster and warned that I may be outside the
      law with my new design.
      The next step was to contact the local ATF office.
      They were very helpful in getting me pointed in the
      right direction and told me to send the design to
      the Firearms Technology Branch of the BATF in
      Washington for classification.
      The FTB-BATF classified the Holdster design as
      non-any other weapon (or not a wallet holster)
      primarily because it is "readily discernible as a
      weapon" due to the exposed slide. As long as it
      isn't modified to conceal the weapon over the slide
      it is legal to own and use in conjunction with a
      semi-automatic pistol without falling in the AOW
      classification.

    8. #8
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      US
      Posts
      2,850
      My homemade kydex.

    9. #9
      Senior Member spacedoggy's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
      Posts
      1,225
      Agree with Hokie. It looks like a wallet and if I were held up I would show them the print and say it's my wallet and pull it out and say goodbye right between the eyes.


    10. #10
      Gunerd
      Guest
      Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
      I believe that unless that is an older holster - it is illegal to have a pocket/wallet holster that allows you to shoot the gun w/o removing the gun from the holster. I think ya gotta pay that $5 fee and submit the required ATF paperwork to have permission to have that..

      At least that is what I read on another forum a year or 2 ago...
      So just what would be the difference if you just stick the gun (alone) in your pocket,which is not illegal?

    11. #11
      HGF Forum Moderator
      Shipwreck's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      Beretta City, Texas
      Posts
      11,478
      Quote Originally Posted by Gunerd View Post
      So just what would be the difference if you just stick the gun (alone) in your pocket,which is not illegal?
      None - I'm just telling U that there is a law governing this. Don't ask me why.

    12. #12
      Member Dsig1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Lancaster, PA
      Posts
      687
      Desantis Nemesis pocket holster is great for the P3AT.

    13. #13
      Gunerd
      Guest
      Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
      None - I'm just telling U that there is a law governing this. Don't ask me why.
      Oh.

    14. #14
      Senior Member Mike Barham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Arizona, baby!
      Posts
      5,081
      BATFE says it's an AOW if it conceals the shape of the gun and allows it to be fired from the holster. Based on the post above, it seems BATFE has relaxed the standard a bit, which is a good thing.

      I do not know why anyone would ask for logic from a government agency.
      Employed by Galco Gunleather - www.galcogunleather.com / Veteran OEF VIII

      Donate to the Christian and Stephanie Nielson Recovery fund: http://www.nierecovery.com/.

      All opinions, particularly those involving politics and Glocks, are mine and not Galco's.

    15. #15
      Junior Member XD_Hokie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      SW Virginia
      Posts
      46
      Quote Originally Posted by spacedoggy View Post
      Agree with Hokie. It looks like a wallet and if I were held up I would show them the print and say it's my wallet and pull it out and say goodbye right between the eyes.


      Nice collection of those little holsters you have there!

    16. #16
      Junior Member AdamSean's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      40
      I guess I am low tech, but it works great.


    17. #17
      Member AZ Outlaws's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Mesa, AZ
      Posts
      213
      Quote Originally Posted by Dsig1 View Post
      Desantis Nemesis pocket holster is great for the P3AT.
      ...and Ruger's LCP 380.


    18. #18
      Senior Member JeffWard's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      St Pete Beach, FL
      Posts
      1,932
      I LIKE that Uncle Mikes with the spare mag holder... And it has a laser on it too??

      I use a standard Unkle Mikes square pocket holster with mine. The band around the middle it tacky and sticks in the pocket. Works every time. $9.

      JW

    19. #19
      tt3
      tt3 is offline
      Junior Member tt3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      MN
      Posts
      26
      I made this a couple months ago for mine.


    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Posts
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by tt3 View Post
      I made this a couple months ago for mine.

      What do have for a grip on there?

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Search tags for this page

    baby browning wallet holster diy

    ,

    desantis nemesis

    ,
    desantis nemesis lcp pocket holster
    ,

    diy pocket holster

    ,

    diy wallet holster

    ,
    holster wallet kel tec
    ,

    kel tec 380 pocket holster

    ,
    kel tec 380 wallet holster
    ,
    keltec p 3at pocket holster
    ,

    nemesis pocket holster

    ,
    ruger lcp in desantis nemesis
    ,

    wallet holster

    Click on a term to search for related topics.