Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Bowhunter2001's Avatar
    Bowhunter2001 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11

    Sending new PM9 back for second time.

    I have shot my new PM9 about 550 rounds so far. Numerous times the slide stayed open after I fired a round. This was on FMJ ammo. I know they had a 200 round break in so I kept on shooting. I then, developed a problem with the casing staying stuck in the slide. This was only on my carry rounds Remington 124gr. +P. I shot the gun about 300 more times (FMJ) and the slide never stayed open. I continued to have a hang up on my carry round here and there. Kahr sent a pickup, repaired it, and sent it back last week. I took it to the range Wednesday and shot 26 FMJ, all good. I shot my carry load and on the 3rd magazine , it failed to eject the casing again. Kahr is picking it up today.

    For you guys that have had problems like this, how can you ever trust a gun like this? I have spent a bunch of money on ammo and only the FMJ's work.

    I asked if they could replace the gun but they said they needed to see it again.

  2. #2
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373
    You tried more than one kind of carry ammo? Handguns can be a little picky sometimes. I have some that will not cycle some brands but eat others like there is no tomorrow. And it wont matter if you have 10 of the same weapon. They all can like 10 different types..Can. It's best to shop around and get a few brands of carry ammo and see hat the weapon liked to digest best and what groups best in that weapon.

  3. #3
    VAMarine's Avatar
    VAMarine is online now Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsJohnson View Post
    You tried more than one kind of carry ammo? Handguns can be a little picky sometimes. I have some that will not cycle some brands but eat others like there is no tomorrow. And it wont matter if you have 10 of the same weapon. They all can like 10 different types..Can. It's best to shop around and get a few brands of carry ammo and see hat the weapon liked to digest best and what groups best in that weapon.


    I agree, try some different JHPs and see what it does. I know it sucks shopping for different ammo types, but your gun may just not like Golden Sabers.

  4. #4
    Bowhunter2001's Avatar
    Bowhunter2001 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsJohnson View Post
    You tried more than one kind of carry ammo? Handguns can be a little picky sometimes. I have some that will not cycle some brands but eat others like there is no tomorrow. And it wont matter if you have 10 of the same weapon. They all can like 10 different types..Can. It's best to shop around and get a few brands of carry ammo and see hat the weapon liked to digest best and what groups best in that weapon.
    I shoot the remingtons out of all my carry guns and never had a problem. The guy at Kahr said it should shoot them with no problems and sent me another pickup tag. My xd's, sig's, and glocks have had 0 problems with this load.

  5. #5
    VAMarine's Avatar
    VAMarine is online now Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter2001 View Post
    I shoot the remingtons out of all my carry guns and never had a problem. The guy at Kahr said it should shoot them with no problems and sent me another pickup tag.
    Well, in a perfect world I'd agree, but it is what it is.

    As for

    For you guys that have had problems like this, how can you ever trust a gun like this? I have spent a bunch of money on ammo and only the FMJ's work.
    That's a decision for you, if you get it back and it runs fine to the point you trust it, you're OK. IF it runs fine and you still have misgivings, it's time to sell it if you don't trust it.

  6. #6
    Bowhunter2001's Avatar
    Bowhunter2001 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by VAMarine View Post
    Well, in a perfect world I'd agree, but it is what it is.

    As for



    That's a decision for you, if you get it back and it runs fine to the point you trust it, you're OK. IF it runs fine and you still have misgivings, it's time to sell it if you don't trust it.
    I wouldn't sell a gun that didn't work right to someone else. It wouldn't be right, even if I told them up front. I would hope that if Kahr can't make it right after this time, they would replace it for me. I want the gun, I just want it to work right.

  7. #7
    VAMarine's Avatar
    VAMarine is online now Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter2001 View Post
    I wouldn't sell a gun that didn't work right to someone else. It wouldn't be right, even if I told them up front. I would hope that if Kahr can't make it right after this time, they would replace it for me. I want the gun, I just want it to work right.
    So what would it take for YOU to trust the gun once it comes back? 100 trouble free rounds? 200? If you can't answer that, I'd ask for a replacement out right.

  8. #8
    DevilsJohnson is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,373
    Man, I'm wearing my Para LTC on my hip as we speak. This weapon will not shoot Cor-Bon amo. Is the ammo bad? Not by a long shot. But this pistol don't like it. My other 1911's love it. This one don't. So I use something else. I have about 15 pistols here that all like one ammo better than others. I have two that are exactly the same and one likes Hydroshok more than the other. There is no magic bullet. Weapons are all different in minute ways that make them all unique to themselves.

    I find it impossible to blame a weapon when it has not been properly tested.

  9. #9
    Bowhunter2001's Avatar
    Bowhunter2001 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by vamarine View Post
    so what would it take for you to trust the gun once it comes back? 100 trouble free rounds? 200? If you can't answer that, i'd ask for a replacement out right.
    200

  10. #10
    Bowhunter2001's Avatar
    Bowhunter2001 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsJohnson View Post
    Man, I'm wearing my Para LTC on my hip as we speak. This weapon will not shoot Cor-Bon amo. Is the ammo bad? Not by a long shot. But this pistol don't like it. My other 1911's love it. This one don't. So I use something else. I have about 15 pistols here that all like one ammo better than others. I have two that are exactly the same and one likes Hydroshok more than the other. There is no magic bullet. Weapons are all different in minute ways that make them all unique to themselves.

    I find it impossible to blame a weapon when it has not been properly tested.
    Then why did the guy at Kahr insist on getting it back because it wouldn't fire this round?

  11. #11
    recoilguy's Avatar
    recoilguy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,311
    Because he is smart and understands customer satifaction........thats my guess.

    The customer is always right......even when he could be wrong he is the customer.......

    now Being a bystander that knows guns but who is not the seller is an entirely different thing.

    RCG

  12. #12
    Bowhunter2001's Avatar
    Bowhunter2001 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by recoilguy View Post
    Because he is smart and understands customer satifaction........thats my guess.

    The customer is always right......even when he could be wrong he is the customer.......

    now Being a bystander that knows guns but who is not the seller is an entirely different thing.

    RCG
    I was an FFL dealer for over 15 years. I know that some guns don't like some ammo. I also know that some manufactures will make a gun work with a certain ammo, if you ask them. I did it several times in the past.

    I also know several people who have the same gun and shoot the same ammo and it works 100%. That is the Kahr I want to own.

  13. #13
    Glenn-SC is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    54
    I agree, find a SD ammo that you guns likes and be happy with the two of them together.

    I don't think every gun is going to work with every ammo and it is unrealistic to believe it will.

    There is something about the bullet shape, weight, length in cartridge, powder type and weight in "your" SD rounds that just dosent work with your gun. If you want to use only that specific SD round perhaps you should look for another gun.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ammo for pm9

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1