HK45c
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: HK45c

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,434

    HK45c

    Anyone out there with an HK45c who can tell me what you think of the weapon? I watched a review recently comparing the HK45 to the FN45, and they seemed to be pretty parallel with a few differences. One, the HK only holds 10 rounds where the FN holds 15, and the FN is about $300 less expensive than the HK.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    VAMarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,860
    Well the 45c will hold even less than the FN unless you use the 10rd mag in the "C". The flush fitting standard mag in the 45c holds 8.

    I do not have the C but I do have the full size, I love the gun but if I wanted something smaller for carry I'd probably split the difference and get. Glock 30S. But if I wanted a hammer fired pistol I would get the 45c in the V1 Light LEM.

    If we're not talking about carry, I might be persuaded to go the FN route, but it is a pretty big chunk of gun.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,434
    My hang up with the HKs is that they are just sort of chunky and bulky to me. I've handled the USPs before and they feel ok in my hand, but the mechanisms are just awkard to me. The 45c seems to be somewhat less bulky, but I have not handled one yet. I owned an FNS9 before, and loved the gun actually. But I have not handled the FN45. It does seem to be quite a large pistol though, and I certainly would not carry it unless it was a duty pistol. I have held the G30S, and it felt good. Better than the G30 actually, which is an extremely smooth shooting pistol. Surprisingly so to me.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    VAMarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,860
    The 45 and 45c are a little more svelte than the USP and if you go the LEM route the controls are pretty much a non issue. The other "hang up" with the HK is the paddle mag release. People either love it or hate it. If you don't know how to feel about it you need to get your hands on one again and look at the mag release a little more critically.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,434
    Quote Originally Posted by VAMarine View Post
    The 45 and 45c are a little more svelte than the USP and if you go the LEM route the controls are pretty much a non issue. The other "hang up" with the HK is the paddle mag release. People either love it or hate it. If you don't know how to feel about it you need to get your hands on one again and look at the mag release a little more critically.
    Yeah, I'm not crazy about that mag release either. It's difficult for me to operate. I had the HK MK23 for a short time, and although the pistol was smooth, I just didn't like it.

  6. #6
    jyo
    jyo is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26
    I LIKE to HK style mag release---easy to use trigger finger to drop mags---far superior to 1911 mag release. I own a 45C and like it very much---mine is DA/SA and I am quite ok with the trigger as well---TOTALLY reliable with any ammo I have tried (typical boring HK reliability)---shoots right to point of aim---whats not to like?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,434
    They just seem bulky and cumbersome to me. I like the feel of the P30 series, but I'm just used to the DA of the Glock that even the DA/SA of Sigs isn't preferred anymore. Once you get comfortable with something, it's hard to want something else.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    12
    I like my HK45C too. I don't think FN even has a compact 45.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,434
    Quote Originally Posted by omahaoutdoors View Post
    I like my HK45C too. I don't think FN even has a compact 45.
    FN does not produce a compact 45. I'm not sure that FN produces a compact handgun. I was just curious about the HK45c.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    94
    deleted post from 2014

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Johnston County NC
    Posts
    51
    I've got a HK45CT, the compact tactical model in V3, no safety, decock only lever.

    This pistol is very slim, on 1.14 inches thick.

    I've handled numerous FNX45's. And while I love FNH in general, I couldn't get past the toy feel of the gun. The action, the grip. It all feels like a toy.

    The HK45C, or CT is built much heavier! Plus, it uses a O ring lock up barrel for better accuracy.

    My gun is rated for 45+P 45+P+, even 45 Super ammo .

    I love it, and while it did cost me about $1,100 new. It's about the best polymer pistol you can buy. This HK45CT replaced the Mk23, and the navy seals use the HK45CT V3 model which is now the MK24 MOD 0 with a AAC Tirant 45S suppresor/ gun package as standard issue.

    This is a old thread, but. A sweet pistol.






  12. #12
    Senior Member desertman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,132
    Quote Originally Posted by tps3443 View Post
    I've got a HK45CT, the compact tactical model in V3, no safety, decock only lever.

    This pistol is very slim, on 1.14 inches thick.

    I've handled numerous FNX45's. And while I love FNH in general, I couldn't get past the toy feel of the gun. The action, the grip. It all feels like a toy.

    The HK45C, or CT is built much heavier! Plus, it uses a O ring lock up barrel for better accuracy.

    My gun is rated for 45+P 45+P+, even 45 Super ammo .

    I love it, and while it did cost me about $1,100 new. It's about the best polymer pistol you can buy. This HK45CT replaced the Mk23, and the navy seals use the HK45CT V3 model which is now the MK24 MOD 0 with a AAC Tirant 45S suppresor/ gun package as standard issue.

    This is a old thread, but. A sweet pistol.





    Not about. It is the best polymer pistol you can buy.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gwinnett County, GA
    Posts
    78
    Of my fifteen pistols the HK45c is my favorite.

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

h&k 45c reviews
,
hk 45c
,
hk 45c review
,
hk 45c reviews
,
hk45 compact review
,
hk45c
,

hk45c review

,
hk45c review 2014
,
hk45c reviews
,
hk45c reviews and tests
,
hk45c v1 review
,
hk45c vs glock30s
Click on a term to search for related topics.