Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    HGF Forum Moderator
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    11,244

    What to use to get brass marks off USP?

    123
    Someone suggested Hoppes #9 to get those brass marks that appear around the extractor area on the slide.

    Got some this evening finally - does not work... At least it was only $3. But, any other ideas? Stuff I don't have to order online but might find at a store?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    36
    i use kleen bore #10 copper cutter probably the same as the hoppes#9 so i dont know if it will do the trick or not

  3. #3
    Senior Member Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,841
    Grind 'em off with a file, or maybe a grinding wheel, then spray paint with a color to match.........then again, maybe a good cleaner would really be better.............. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

  4. #4
    HGF Forum Moderator
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    11,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    Grind 'em off with a file, or maybe a grinding wheel, then spray paint with a color to match.........then again, maybe a good cleaner would really be better.............. :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
    Gee, thanks :-D

  5. #5
    Senior Member Charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kerr County Texas
    Posts
    2,841
    Sandblast????????

  6. #6
    Senior Member jwkimber45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,818

    Re: What to use to get brass marks off USP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
    Someone suggested Hoppes #9 to get those brass marks that appear around the extractor area on the slide.

    Got some this evening finally - does not work... At least it was only $3. But, any other ideas? Stuff I don't have to order online but might find at a store?
    You're kidding. I've been using the stuff for years to get the brass marks off the deflector on my AR-15s.

    Sorry Ship, I steared you wrong.

  7. #7
    HGF Forum Moderator
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    11,244
    I rubbed it quite a bit - it didn't do a thing.... Strange then....

  8. #8
    Senior Member 2400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,744
    You need a can of elbow grease to go with it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member jwkimber45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,818
    Try the Hoppes #9 Bronze remover.

  10. #10
    Junior Member blackice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    83
    +1 on the Bronze Remover!!!!!......

  11. #11
    Senior Member spacedoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Planet Zeon just outside of Tyler Texas
    Posts
    1,225
    Only way is to sell it to me cheap.

  12. #12
    HGF Forum Moderator
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    11,244
    Ya know - I almost got the bronze remover, but went w/ the traditional Hoppes #9.

  13. #13
    Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash scooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
    Ya know - I almost got the bronze remover, but went w/ the traditional Hoppes #9.
    Aww cmon...you tryin to tell us you DONT have a dremel........ :-D

  14. #14
    Senior Member -gunut-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,473
    I dont worry about it. The marks always seem to disappear within a few days.

  15. #15
    HGF Forum Moderator
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    11,244
    Quote Originally Posted by blackice
    +1 on the Bronze Remover!!!!!......
    I looked at this stuff last week - it ain't cheap - I don't really wanna spend around $7 to find out it won't work....

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    38
    buy a airbursh and paint with a stain flat black

  17. #17
    HGF Forum Moderator
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    11,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracimus
    buy a airbursh and paint with a stain flat black
    Nah, I think I'll have to pass on that :P

  18. #18
    Senior Member jwkimber45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
    I looked at this stuff last week - it ain't cheap - I don't really wanna spend around $7 to find out it won't work....

    It'll work. Plus its the cats PJs for cleaning your bore. Run a couple wet patches thru, wait 20 min. bronze brush a few times, dry patches, oil.......done.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck
    Nah, I think I'll have to pass on that :P
    LOL, Im just kidding anyway

  20. #20
    HGF Forum Moderator
    Shipwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Beretta City, Texas
    Posts
    11,244
    Quote Originally Posted by jwkimber45
    It'll work. Plus its the cats PJs for cleaning your bore. Run a couple wet patches thru, wait 20 min. bronze brush a few times, dry patches, oil.......done.

    Maybe in a month or 2 I'll break down and try it.

    I really wanted it to take the marks off of the fullsize USP I sold a couple of weeks back. I was gonna get those off before I sold it.

    I still have a USP compact, though... So, I still need it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

how to get brass mark off slide

,

how to get brass marks off

,

usp brass mark

Click on a term to search for related topics.