Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3

    Coming back to handguns

    123
    Hello all, decided after a few years to get back into handguns, starting with a purchase within a couple months. Had a Springfield XD9 Compact before, ended up having to sell it to cover bills at the time.

    Anywho, looking to get back in the game and do some more research before I buy something else. The XD9 was a great gun, but I want to see if there's something else out there that I'll like just as much.

  2. #2
    Senior Member TedDeBearFrmHell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,859
    welcome to the forum from southern oregon..... please take a seat and relax, someone will be along shortly to recommend a glock.

  3. #3
    Ra
    Ra is offline
    Junior Member Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Eastern Texas
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Velio View Post
    Hello all, decided after a few years to get back into handguns, starting with a purchase within a couple months. Had a Springfield XD9 Compact before, ended up having to sell it to cover bills at the time.

    Anywho, looking to get back in the game and do some more research before I buy something else. The XD9 was a great gun, but I want to see if there's something else out there that I'll like just as much.
    What are you thinking of using it for? CCW, Home Defense, Range Time, Safe Queen?

  4. #4
    Administrator
    VAMarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,597
    Welcome from Iowa!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra View Post
    What are you thinking of using it for? CCW, Home Defense, Range Time, Safe Queen?

    With how hard it is to get a CCW in California I doubt I'll ever get one, as I lack any good reasons to get it. That being said, probably a combination of home defense and range time.

    I've been looking at the 1911s, possibly a Ruger, and even a CZ 75. Not sure what's good nowadays though. =/

  6. #6
    HGF Forum Moderator
    DJ Niner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North-Central USA
    Posts
    4,768
    Welcome to the site!

    Quote Originally Posted by TedDeBearFrmHell View Post
    welcome to the forum from southern oregon..... please take a seat and relax, someone will be along shortly to recommend a glock.
    Buy a Glock (I'd recommend any Gen3 9mm).
    "Placement is power" -- seen in an article by Stephen A. Camp
    (RIP, Mr. Camp; you will be remembered, and missed)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •