Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Hey from WV

  1. #1
    WV boy's Avatar
    WV boy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    34

    Hey from WV

    Glad to finally find a decent pistol forum. I just finished up college with an Associate's in Electrical Engineering Technology, I've just recently been engaged and am expecting my first child (its a girl) in June. I just recently had a birthday and am waiting to get my CWP from the Sheriff's Dept. I'm having trouble deciding what pistol I want. I know for sure I want a .40 cal, compact, magazine fed pistol. Looking at either a Glock 23 or a Springfield XDM. I don't have a lot of time to go to the range due to work and helping my fiance with things so actual shot-testing is out of the question until I get a better job and more time.

  2. #2
    Hiram25 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Newark, DE
    Posts
    101
    Hi from Delaware and welcome to the Forum. When you get to the gun store pick up the weapons you are thinking about, go with the one that feels the best in your hand. It would be best to try to get to a range and test fire the ones your seriously considering, then make up your mind.

    I did all of my looking around and had decided on a Glock 23, but when I got to the store it didn't feel right. I went with the Springfield Armory XD40 Sub Compact. It was a good decision, trustworthy, accurate, easy to strip and clean.

    Get the one that speaks to you!

  3. #3
    WV boy's Avatar
    WV boy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    34
    Thanks! A question about your XD40 though. How 'small' is the sub compact? I know the Glock 27 is freakishly small for me. I'm not a big guy by any means but a Trooper friend of mine let me tinker with his G27 and granted it fit nice and was nice indeed just didn't soot me well enough.

  4. #4
    cougartex's Avatar
    cougartex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Jefferson County, TX
    Posts
    1,775
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

  5. #5
    Todd is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    0
    Welcome to the forum!

    All members are required to be familiar with the Forum Guidelines , so please take a few minutes to review them if you have not done so already.

  6. #6
    Hiram25 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Newark, DE
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by WV boy View Post
    Thanks! A question about your XD40 though. How 'small' is the sub compact? I know the Glock 27 is freakishly small for me. I'm not a big guy by any means but a Trooper friend of mine let me tinker with his G27 and granted it fit nice and was nice indeed just didn't soot me well enough.
    Hi again, the SA XD40 SC is about 1 inch thick and comes with both a 9 & 10 round magazines which with th +1 (one in the chamber) would give you either 10 or 11 rounds of .40 cal. This is not what I originally thought of when I thought Sub-Compact, it's still a good sized weapon, but it only has a 3" barrel, which makes it fairly easy to conceal. I love mine.

    P.S. Tell your friend hello, I'm a retired Delaware State Trooper.
    Last edited by Hiram25; 03-17-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Additional Comment

  7. #7
    ElMar's Avatar
    ElMar is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT Shoreline
    Posts
    56
    Welcome!!!

  8. #8
    WV boy's Avatar
    WV boy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

    All members are required to be familiar with the Forum Guidelines , so please take a few minutes to review them if you have not done so already.
    Read someone else's intro topic and seen this post so went ahead and did then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Hi again, the SA XD40 SC is about 1 inch thick and comes with both a 9 & 10 round magazines which with th +1 (one in the chamber) would give you either 10 or 11 rounds of .40 cal. This is not what I originally thought of when I thought Sub-Compact, it's still a good sized weapon, but it only has a 3" barrel, which makes it fairly easy to conceal. I love mine.

    P.S. Tell your friend hello, I'm a retired Delaware State Trooper.
    Well that makes me consider that one a bit more than I was, thanks. I'm about 50% Glock, 30% SA, and 20% Sig at this point. I like all 3 and know they all make great guns just having trouble picking which one lol. My fiance isn't too thrilled of the fact that I'm getting a gun seeing as she doesn't really like them and I've been raised on them. I'm not looking to spend upwards of $500-$700 so I figure the Sig is ruled out. The SA XDM40 SC from what I remember was about $550 and I have no clue on the Glock 23 except net prices which are around $450-$600 I think. Keep the info coming I'm still debating! lol.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» Springfield Armory

» HGF Sponsors

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1